Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

My new pieces by Victor over last 2 days, he is bored shitless with faces, eyes etc so we tried some dotwrok and a little towards bio.

He made the girl/demon face light to try and contrast Robert Hernandez's far too dark skull.

He worked super fast, first day 5 hours, today 6 hours. :)

We also had a funny convo about my back piece. He said when I had the Jesus done he had no clue I wanted my whole back done, nor did I.

He said he would have done things a lot differntly had he known that, so we have now booked 2 more sessions as he wants to go rght over my back and change as much stuff as is possible to flow better and improve it, to me its fine lol

Pics taken on my phone with my arse red raw lol

Anyhow sorry for the arse shot again and I also covered the hanging penis nudity part :P

ed9b81bebbad863f40d7d1a952c577dc.jpg

Matt Kerley is one of my all time favorite artists. Awesome tattoo, like all of his stuff is. Hot Stuff is on my list of places to get tattooed ASAP (not just for him...Danny Reed and Kris Roberts are amazing too).

Thanks! He is a super cool dude, and his artwork is so dark and unique. His sketchbook (which is where I picked this piece from) is full of wild and crazy stuff. Can't wait to get more.

You def need to visit Hot Stuff, one of my favorite shops - full of top notch artists.

It's like an 8 hour drive for me, so it's daunting haha. It would be the farthest I've ever driven, and one of the farthest trips I've ever made period (besides when I was like 5 and my parents took me to Disneyworld). I have tentative plans to maybe take a weekend trip down there some day with my boyfriend and spend a day sightseeing and a day getting jabbed with needles. ;)

Sunday Funday ! It started out as a planned group skydiving adventure. The weather, unfortunately, did not permit. BOO ! So my friend and I decided a quick, unplanned and for no particular reason, trip to Toronto was in order and we ended up at The Pearl Harbor Gift Shop. YAY ! I spent my skydiving money. Maybe next year lol

Unlike my friend, I had no real intentions of getting tattooed today but it was kinda like 'when in Rome...' . Glad I went with it. I have wanted a panther head for a while and now I have one. Stoked ! And it's from Bill Baker flash which is really fucking cool to me.

Done by Franklin Reeves. Franklin is a super nice dude. Lots of positive energy and laughs. Good times.

And getting tattooed is way less dangerous than jumping out of a fucking plane ;)

Tomo's new studio, Silk Needle, continues the Yellow Blaze tradition of being somewhat hard to find without GPS / phone map.

The sign is 'blink and you'll miss it'.

Nagaoka is a morning shinkansen's ride from Tokyo... 1.5 hours. The new studio is super comfy and Tomo seems to be planning a lot of conventions in Europe and Canada soon, he's energised.

We did 5 hours, which finished off my front after (I think) 4 years and about six sessions? All in Japan bar one. My bank account is glad that's done.

Drank some awesome Echigo beer on the way home and zoned out till I ate a restorative giant ramen. I lived on ramen this trip: All kinds! Soya base, extra fatty pork base, fish base... Cheap, tasty and hydrating.

Flying home tomorrow but this morning I had a consult with Shige and, all going well, getting a small piece from him at a convention in Europe in next while.

From Saturday... Bottom of shin/top of foot

post-53847-14616888337_thumb.png

Jeff Zuck @ Name Brand

Saturday night, went to see Motorhead for probably the last time. Fun and sad at the same time as Lem seems every bit of his hard lived 69 years of age. I've seen them almost 20 times and this was kind of a teary goodbye for me.......

Thanks everyone.

Absolutely stunning @RoryQ. Well worth the time it took. What do you have planned w/ Shige if you don't mind sharing? Oh and that ramen is a beautiful thing too. It has me craving for some.

I don't mind. I said I'd like to get something I could see and enjoy from him. I've always loved his stuff so I didn't want to get something really tucked away.

The plan at the moment is to fit something in at the top of my chest panels and going around the back of my neck. The neckline on my chest panels is pretty low so there is a decent enough space.

Probably ojuzu or a small wrapping dragon or both. But we'll see, I could see that he measured up and was already thinking a lot about it. He was keen on the ojuzu because I think he really likes doing the buddhist imagery.