Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Thanks. Can't wait to finish it. Too bad the front hurts like hell, can't seem to do long sessions. I am hoping the shading won't hurt as much though. Do we have a separate 'front tattoos' thread? Maybe I can get some pointers.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-designs-books-flash/2069-chest-torso-tattoos.html

Pointers will probably be in line with other general tattoo advice. Deep breaths, eat/rest well beforehand. Don't try anything new that you aren't sure how you'll respond to.

This is what I was able to sit for today with Dave Cummings at PSC tattoo. About 3 hours, and not nearly as intense as my 1 1/2 with Chad on my other side, thank goodness! We stopped there because the next step was colour for the tiger, and I didn't have it in me. Next session next week, healing permitting.

So stoked on this!

This is what I was able to sit for today with Dave Cummings at PSC tattoo. About 3 hours, and not nearly as intense as my 1 1/2 with Chad on my other side, thank goodness! We stopped there because the next step was colour for the tiger, and I didn't have it in me. Next session next week, healing permitting.

So stoked on this!

Dude!!! This rules!!!! Gets me excited to get my ribs done an if it doesn't hurt like Chad then all the better!!

Congrats!!!!

So stoked on this!

Yeah! Welcome to the Dave tiger club!

Got this wicked draw-on zen spider from Jonny Murdoch from Government Street Tattoo (Victoria) who is in Edmonton for the week. 11899647_902719459817519_866774759_n.jpg

Also this smug lil bumble bee too:

11849421_1677719992442141_203868565_n.jpg

the idea of which came to me in a dream 3 nights in a row...then i googled "angry bumble bee" and bam! clipart reference on the first hit.

These toonie sized tatts are so much fun. Hooray for "recreational tattooing" lol.

Jonny's hanging at Champion Tattoo, Shawn Hedley's new shop in town. Super dope shop, nice hospitality, guess they got a bunch of ringers guest spotting in the future...better leave some space ;) Great tattoo talk yesterday and I got to see a backpiece Filip Leu and Kurt Wiscombe tag teamed up close. Amazzzzzzzing

Finally got to visit State of Grace and get my Molly Monmon Cat from Horitomo!

He did an amazing job. Just spectacular. I sent several pictures of her and some descriptions of her favorite things, her personality and her character. She *loved* shrimp sushi and got an entire order for her 16th birthday, right before we lost her to cancer. Horitomo created a picture of her in heaven with a halo and surrounded by her favorite things - including that she is surrounded by catnip! The face is perfect. I gave him a decent size square footage and told him he could expand beyond the cat and add other elements. Her face is perfect. When he showed me the sketch, my eyes just teared up.

It was neat to be tattooed on the platform in the shop. It is a little sanctuary with neat drawings, books and items on shelves. He is a quiet gentle soul.

I tried tebori for the whites and I probably would not do it again. For many areas, I didn't even feel the first 4-5 pokes. It just felt like a shoving pressure but there was *no* pain. Then the last several shoves were painful. But around my hip was bad all around. I'm glad I did it, though.

Crashing out now holed up in the hotel with mom. <3 <3 <3

molly_monmon_thumb.jpg

He did an amazing job. Just spectacular. I sent several pictures of her and some descriptions of her favorite things, her personality and her character. She *loved* shrimp sushi and got an entire order for her 16th birthday, right before we lost her to cancer. Horitomo created a picture of her in heaven with a halo and surrounded by her favorite things - including that she is surrounded by catnip! The face is perfect. I gave him a decent size square footage and told him he could expand beyond the cat and add other elements. Her face is perfect. When he showed me the sketch, my eyes just teared up.

It was neat to be tattooed on the platform in the shop. It is a little sanctuary with neat drawings, books and items on shelves. He is a quiet gentle soul.

I tried tebori for the whites and I probably would not do it again. For many areas, I didn't even feel the first 4-5 pokes. It just felt like a shoving pressure but there was *no* pain. Then the last several shoves were painful. But around my hip was bad all around. I'm glad I did it, though.

molly_monmon_thumb.jpg

It's so sweet and adorable and beautiful, congratulations!!!

Hey guys, long time no post. I just realized I never posted my two latest because I wanted to wait until they were both healed. Not the best pics, but you get the idea.

Cobra by Scott Sylvia done at Pagoda City Convention. Drawn on in 15 minutes, outlined in about an hour. Scott is the absolute best. We had originally talked about him doing all of the black in Reading then the color in the fall, but he had the time so we just powered through. It was another great experience being tattooed by him, and I can't say enough great things.

Death's head moth by Oliver Peck while guesting in Philadelphia at Kadillac Mt. Airy. Another pleasure. Oliver was so down to earth and easy to talk to, just like you'd expect. He only did three or four tattoos that day, and I was lucky it happened to be the last week before school started and I could squeeze in after cross country practice (the only heavily tattooed coach in the world, I think). He checked out a ton of my tattoos and even took his shirt off to show me his stomach from Scott, his side from Rassier, and his back from Trevino. So awesome.

Not the best photos, but it's what I have.

Also, I was not expecting to have nearly this much pink on my legs, particularly from Scott and Oliver, but here we are.

032E539B-C332-48E2-81A6-7666CDD9BA85.jpg

EA3C3A8B-688A-4323-BCFC-FFD85632DBC9.jpg

37CF9E9D-C180-40C7-82DC-40C7B4BE5F24.jpg

I love these! The colours are fantastic, if a little unexpected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molly_monmon_thumb.jpg

You finally got it!! Congrats and welcome to the club :D

Congratulations @SeeSea! I dig Horitomo designed it stretching out. My childhood cats loved doing that when they found a nice patch of sunlight to lay in. The face is great cuz it's as happy a cat can be with all of its goodies. Also, yes, the pose accentuates its mer-catness.

I wonder how many people now have a monmoncat here on LST?

- - - Updated - - -

@Scott R, man you get the good stuff for sure. Tough! Need to see that if you ever come back to the Bay Convention

@SeeSea ...one of the most unique monmon cats I've seen yet! love it, thanks for sharing :)

Thanks! I am madly in love with it and get this heart-smile whenever I look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

@SeeSea I saw that on IG and absolutely loved the all the elements of it. The shrimp sushi is awesome.

Thank you! Yes - I love that her fuzzy white belly is the rice. I was almost certain that he would use a shrimp for her orange coloration - it was such a match.

- - - Updated - - -

@SeeSea That is spectacular and such a wonderful tribute.

Thanks - yes, he did a wonderful job. I had described to Molly how sweet my kitty was, and Tomo put her in a halo. Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

It's so sweet and adorable and beautiful, congratulations!!!

Thanks! I am glad it finally happened. I had a screen shot of your Monmon and of you and furry Tomo on my phone but I forgot to show him! Rats.