Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I'm not even sure where to start. Let alone do I even remember my last post on here. But I found the site again, and have done a lot since the last time I was in here. Pretty sure it has been almost 3 years, I'll blame two of those years on paramedic school.

But any who.. Just finished this: Took me about a year to finalize the drawing before taking it to a completely new artist and shop. Once it was all cleaned up and sized correctly it was a 2 year project between a chaotic work life. But I couldn't be happier

@LizBee

kick ass tattoo, kick ass post, thanks for a reminder why i show up here to hang at LST !

also wanted to add I think we are getting so accustomed to seeing these fresh tattoos framed on a smart phone, tattoos are so much more powerful when you see them on the persons with smiling faces. It puts tattoo in context with the wearers personality and creates bigger impact. Cheers and thank you for sharing :)

@LizBee

kick ass tattoo, kick ass post, thanks for a reminder why i show up here to hang at LST !

also wanted to add I think we are getting so accustomed to seeing these fresh tattoos framed on a smart phone, tattoos are so much more powerful when you see them on the persons with smiling faces. It puts tattoo in context with the wearers personality and creates bigger impact. Cheers and thank you for sharing :)

Thanks for mentioning that, @bongsau, and here's another pic of the person with the tattoo. This is a person who just sat for 6 hours or so in constant pain, hour after hour, but looking pretty dang fresh in the end, and you know why? A FUCKIN GOOD TATTOO! That puts a smile on one's face, no? Good tattoos are worth it, and you know it when you've got it!

@CultExciter, speaking of Rodney Raines, this is his photo below, from his IG. He and Darcy have been collaborating on pieces lately and he was next to us the whole time working on an EPIC foo dog that would have been a major contender for the prize that night if he'd have been finished in time. He's a great guy and does awesome work himself. I was certainly in the presence of greatness that day. He threw in a suggestion or two here and there, so I'd like to say he has a little bit to do with this tattoo as well.

Oh, and I think I need to march right out and get myself #1) more tank tops and #2) Platform shoes or stilts or something.

DarcyNuttandLiz2015_zpsktw5amzz.jpg

Here's one that's all ready healed, hairy, a bit dry and shiny:

fpMd8Z3.jpg

Chad Koeplinger made this at the Stockholm Inkbash in august this year. I wanted a meditating figure but not in buddhist or hindu style and send him a bunch of different ideas of present and historical cultures/religions to get him started. I was very happy when I arrived for the appointment and he decided to not draw one of my suggestions, and instead made this hopi indian in a thunderstorm. Also this is the first tattoo with tattoos that I have my body, and the first swastika. Happy about that

Finally I got my first tattoo, (sorry for posting similar content in my initiation thread).

The tattoo is a moka Bialetti, a pomegranate and a number one made by Luca Font in Milano.

At the beginning I had the idea of putting a skull at the base of the moka too.

We discussed with the artist and decided that another element such as as skull which is round would overcharge the image and putting two round element at the base of an object resembling a column would create the form of a penis. So he put a little number 1 at the base of the moka. I like this tattoo because it's simple, clean, well-placed, has the power of an advertisement being well balanced and reminds of Russian poster-avantgarde for the geometric aspect. I also like the fact that is not overcharged with colour but colour is placed only when it's needed, to emphasize the shape of an object: the metal glimpse of the light on the Moka and the shade of the pomegranate.

This is a bit of a joint effort. The Dagger, Collar, Angel and Reaper (2-6 weeks old) are by Fergus Simms - Melbourne Tattoo Company, and the Eagle Snake fight (2.5 months old) is by Jess Swaffer - Chapel Tattoo.

Wanted to wait until the whole spot was done before i posted them up! Super happy with them, and two of the nicest tattoo experiences (bar the pain!) I've ever had.