Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

haven't been on here in a while. I enjoyed seeing all the great work everyone has gotten recently!

Had an appt with Chad Koeplinger on 11/14. I thought I was in for one more painful, albeit short, back appt for some touch ups in case he felt they were needed. After taking a look at my healed back, he said some very wonderful words "rob, I think we are done". I emphatically replied back, "thank GOD!"

So, I had him do some filler on my wrist. He tattooed a flail and a fly and I am absolutely loving them both. I really enjoyed getting these, but I will admit, the ball of the flail, on the inside of my wrist was a bit more painful than I would have thought. Felt like it was sending electric shocks into my hand! Still, easier than the back for sure!

Included a pic of my healed back, and a photo off of Chad's instagram of myself and a seemingly GIANT Andrew Stortz . Andrew's back piece is insanely good.

Thanks so much Sam!! @mtlsam

Your comments are much appreciated! And honestly, your rose and gorilla rib piece from Chad is one of my very favorites as well!! I still wonder how in the world someone could actually sit through that!! I've been very clear with him that he won't be the dude who tattoos my ribs. I can't even imagine.

This is a bit of a joint effort. The Dagger, Collar, Angel and Reaper (2-6 weeks old) are by Fergus Simms - Melbourne Tattoo Company, and the Eagle Snake fight (2.5 months old) is by Jess Swaffer - Chapel Tattoo.

Wanted to wait until the whole spot was done before i posted them up! Super happy with them, and two of the nicest tattoo experiences (bar the pain!) I've ever had.

Very rad. Wish Jess traveled and tattooed.

I've been very clear with him that he won't be the dude who tattoos my ribs. I can't even imagine.

Haha, I had Chad do one of my inner biceps because I wanted to get that spot over with as soon as possible, not realizing he's heavy handed and will do an entire huge line in one go. Hurt like the dickens. At least I got the pain over with ASAP. Nice back!

This happened Saturday:

9EVZPFs.jpg

Went to see Delphine and Laurent in London, it was intense but completely amazing at the same time, those guys are the best! 12h in the shop, around 7h of actual tattooing simultaneously on both knees, ill admit it was rough. It was such a great experience though so we decided im just going to let them have the rest of my lower legs at least.

Pic is from Laurent's instagram (https://www.instagram.com/darkbabamaina/) and theres a bunch more on Delphine's https://www.instagram.com/delphinenoiztoy/

Haha, I had Chad do one of my inner biceps because I wanted to get that spot over with as soon as possible, not realizing he's heavy handed and will do an entire huge line in one go. Hurt like the dickens. At least I got the pain over with ASAP. Nice back!

"heavy handed" is definitely an understatement! I love him though.

Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks so much Sam!! @mtlsam

Your comments are much appreciated! And honestly, your rose and gorilla rib piece from Chad is one of my very favorites as well!! I still wonder how in the world someone could actually sit through that!! I've been very clear with him that he won't be the dude who tattoos my ribs. I can't even imagine.

I saw the lining happening on that gorilla and rose and the answer is that @mtlsam is one tough dude.

I saw the lining happening on that gorilla and rose and the answer is that @mtlsam is one tough dude.

Haha! I think that highly motivated might be a better discription. When the man is in town you got to take the chance you get. Glad the side ribs are over though. Now starting to dread the eventual back piece. Oh what we put ourselves through for art's sake!

So, I've had a busy couple of weeks tattoo-wise. First, Paul Aherne in Dublin started extending me 3/4 sleeve on my right arm down to the wrist. Got the lining of the koi, water and peony done as well as the wind bars in.

Paul is guesting in Salon Serpent in Amsterdam coming up to Christmas so will get the bottom portion finished in early Jan. Then we'll look at relining the old sleeve, touching up the wind bars and just general tidying up the shitty parts (of which there are plebty!).

Apologies for the bad pics...

3213f921da58fd1f55d68f224e4e8de4.jpg

664b15427298ab9ab494302018c38cba.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The next weekend I was in Boston and in a very hungover and jet lagged state, I landed into Redemption in Cambridge to get a little piece done to fill in an awkward gap on my left sleeve.

Very luckily, Todd Noble (who I love) had a free spot to take the walk in. After some deliberation he drew on this little snake head.

Again, not a great snap...

a10a63d99c62e881200365fbd336dd52.jpg

And then the following Friday, i headed over to Leeds in England for a pre-planned trip with a mate who was getting his first piece from Lukasz Christopher. I was booked in with Tom Flanagan - both in Oddfellows.

I got a trad ship on my shin and a mandala on my foot (a Tom Flanagan staple). I have to sat, the foot was horrendously sore and not gonna go through it again any time soon!

We had a great time in Oddfellows, Tom is a great guy and the other lads in the shop made us feel right at home.

9c0d550eb74b52bd06db40d262338b7b.jpg

c4cb3ea15f13aa5112f7a2fc1bdb9c73.jpg

415654ee231645201e4781094f7573da.jpg

8c900ba75876725351a9810db0dece46.jpg

And the next morning. Swelling on the foot wasn't actually too bad

461412ea334da5ae5ad6e1cfb07ebfa0.jpg