Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Hey guys...I'm not on the boards too much lately because frankly, I'm kind of tired of even thinking about tattoos at the moment. This current project I'm working on is the most grueling yet. Once I finish this piece, I think I'll go back to traditional one shots on my arms, because this thing is burning me out. Anyway, I met with Sam Warren recently to work on doing some coloring (so far we've done one for lining, one for black and gray shading, and now one for color). One more session to go next month to finish coloring and maybe do some touching up. Sorry the pic is horrible but have you ever tried taking a picture of your own thigh? It ain't easy.

2z7n77t.jpg

Here's some close ups of the key components:

2u8ceqd.jpg

30lf2pv.jpg

Here is the piece I just got in Springfield, Oregon at the Evergreen Tattoo Invitational. It's not quite finished but will get it's final touches in Vegas in a couple weeks. It's a collaboration piece done by Christian Buckingham and Dwight Bulb who both work out of Revolt in Vegas. Christian did the black and gray realism of Archangel Gabriel and Dwight did the Neo Traditional Jasmine flowers. Ended up sitting for almost 11hr over 2 days and had a blast! It was my first convention and was such a great setting to get a tattoo. Had originally scheduled with Christian who did my first 2 tattoos but when he asked if I had any interest in doing a collaboration with Dwight I felt honored and jumped at the opportunity. I'm amazed at how nicely the Neo Traditional works with the Realism and it really does frame out the angel is such a stunning way....basically two great tattoos in and of themselves. Dwight did all of the flowers freehand and they fit my arm so perfectly. In June this sleeve will be continued onto my lower arm in some way. I want to have a cavern with a devil and maybe some dead trees and/or wilted flowers...?? The art isn't decided yet but will be a Heaven and Hell sleeve basically. Will have Christian and Dwight collaborate on the lower half too so that it carries well. Hard to get all of the piece in one pic but will get some nicer pics after the work is done and it's healed. I'm so completely stoked about this tattoo and feel like I got such a great one for it being my 3rd piece.

2016_03_06_09_02_48.jpg

Haven't posted in a while, but I've finally gotten tattooed again, so I thought it would be a good time to revive my account.

Anyway, the talented Johann Ingemar recently started working at my favorite shop in Copenhagen, The Sailors Grave, so this one was a no-brainer:

Dragon in a nice big gap on my lower leg.

post-7006-146168885742_thumb.jpg

Just healed and still shiny, so sorry for all the glare in the photo.

EDIT: Why won't my picture show up as an actual picture in the thread, but just as a link?

Haven't posted in a while, but I've finally gotten tattooed again, so I thought it would be a good time to revive my account.

Anyway, the talented Johann Ingemar recently started working at my favorite shop in Copenhagen, The Sailors Grave, so this one was a no-brainer:

Dragon in a nice big gap on my lower leg.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13355[/ATTACH]

Just healed and still shiny, so sorry for all the glare in the photo.

EDIT: Why won't my picture show up as an actual picture in the thread, but just as a link?

Nice!! Think I'll be getting a similar style dragon next

Gotten a few fun ones over the last six months or so:

Steve Byrne at Temple before the Bay Area Convention of the Arts:

cuNMSCI.png

Healed

CFMVD9W.png?1

Robert Ryan at the Convention:

g64PMkp.png

Crappy healed photo:

xZ16mH8.png

- - - Updated - - -

Got a couple from Miguel Montgomery aka Uzi to start the year

iiokZtC.png

WLqzOKn.png

Healed

c2TQsm9.png

WPcfb65.png

- - - Updated - - -

And most recent is a little one shot by Alex Petty based off of some old Milton Zeis flash

Flash

HgAmz9t.png

Piece (still healing)

bQRPE87.png

Loving the Steve Byrne lion, and that Robert Ryan flower is unreal. Great to see them healed as well.

I have to get something from Robert Ryan. In love with pretty much everything he does.

It was great getting to meet both of them. Both really cool dudes

- - - Updated - - -

Loving the Steve Byrne lion, and that Robert Ryan flower is unreal. Great to see them healed as well.

I have to get something from Robert Ryan. In love with pretty much everything he does.

It was great getting to meet both of them. Both really cool dudes