Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Got one from Adam Hathorn (aka Honkey Kong) yesterday at Guru Tattoo in San Diego. First time getting tattooed in my hometown, Adam made it a really memorable session. The dude is full of stories and a super interesting guy, I'd recommend anybody in So Cal to go check him out if they get the chance

yqggCMA.png

Last Saturday I got tattooed by Jill Bonny. No photos as we started background shading on the Warrior Monk piece I started last October, but here's a pic of the outline from then. I don't think I ever posted this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9nIkHlpDV8/

Sunday I also got tattooed by Horitomo. All machine work this time. Finally, I have a skull tattoo and a praying hands tattoo. It's part of a pair but I was a bit under the weather and after lack of sleep, flying, and being tattooed the day before, I could barely lay through the sitting to finish 1 side.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEUlGU-sVLv/

Got one from Adam Hathorn (aka Honkey Kong) yesterday at Guru Tattoo in San Diego. First time getting tattooed in my hometown, Adam made it a really memorable session. The dude is full of stories and a super interesting guy, I'd recommend anybody in So Cal to go check him out if they get the chance

yqggCMA.png

LOVE this. Really cool!

I love monkeys, apes, gorillas, and orangutans. I have two monkey tattoos.

LOVE this. Really cool!

a SJ ALOHA monkey is on my list of classics i need on me

- - - Updated - - -

LOVE this. Really cool!

a SJ ALOHA monkey is on my list of classics i need on me

Last Saturday I got tattooed by Jill Bonny. No photos as we started background shading on the Warrior Monk piece I started last October, but here's a pic of the outline from then. I don't think I ever posted this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9nIkHlpDV8/

Sunday I also got tattooed by Horitomo. All machine work this time. Finally, I have a skull tattoo and a praying hands tattoo. It's part of a pair but I was a bit under the weather and after lack of sleep, flying, and being tattooed the day before, I could barely lay through the sitting to finish 1 side.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEUlGU-sVLv/

Impeccable as always, @Lance. That makes three Monmon cats now, yes? Hard to tell where the pieces are on your body from the pics. Where did you still have room?

Got some new work on my big piece a couple weeks ago-couldn't post from my phone, not sure why--kept saying the files were too big. Brought my work laptop home so hopefully it will let me this way.

He said one more session will finish it out, and it will be the underarm part..he's going to do a bird!

After that I will need to figure out what I'm moving on to next..

Impeccable as always, @Lance. That makes three Monmon cats now, yes? Hard to tell where the pieces are on your body from the pics. Where did you still have room?

Thanks! Yup 3 monmon cats. I'm a sucker for balance @DJDeepFried. This one is on my left side, in the ditch of my inner arm into my armpit and flows down to the side of my chest. Some people get shunga in their armpits but I kind of liked the idea of nekomata. I have an appointment for the other side in August. After this no more cats. 4 will be enough.

As for the sohei, it's on my right thigh. It pretty much will wrap around and tie into the bottom of my backpiece.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Yup 3 monmon cats. I'm a sucker for balance @DJDeepFried. This one is on my left side, in the ditch of my inner arm into my armpit and flows down to the side of my chest. Some people get shunga in their armpits but I kind of liked the idea of nekomata. I have an appointment for the other side in August. After this no more cats. 4 will be enough.

As for the sohei, it's on my right thigh. It pretty much will wrap around and tie into the bottom of my backpiece.

Haven't posted any recent tattoos, so here it goes. The Pumpkin is obviously from last halloween. The eagle is from last december. It's hard to take a good picture of it since it wraps around my upper arm. The halloween painstain was done by Jeroen Gardenier at The Blue Blood studio in Amsterdam. The eagle and lady head are both done by Jan Willem (@janwillemtattoo on IG) in his private studio. The lady head is 2,5 years old. Edit: Pictures are massive, sorry about that one

13046268_999502100098202_1445560987_n.jp13084336_1001192526595826_1312332198_n.j

Finished this 3/4 sleeve a couple of weeks ago. Right before my artist moved out of state :(

I give him a lot of credit for not killing me for being picky about the details. He'd never seen an M-16 or any kind of tank up close in person, but he was willing to tweak the drawings until I was happy.

I won't even repeat the words he said when he realized how small the lettering on the dog tags would be!  He was able to get back at me when we got to my elbow though...not so fun, but thankfully quick.

The words behind the Soldier's Cross are the Army Values (that part is on the underside of my arm). The "tank" is an M113 that I drove in Iraq for a year...my baby :)

I am extremely happy with how it came out!

Wildcat

FB_IMG_1461697260534.jpg

On April 18, 2016 at 10:33 AM, marley mission said:

that frog is so dope - saw that on the IG and wanted to like it 100x

hoping eddy is coming to jersey soon

he was at smith not long ago but i missed him - no $ or something like that

he's a tattooing legend and i've heard a pretty cool guy too

and oh - yeah - thighs are a tough tough heal imo

but who cares right - enjoy :)

- - - Updated - - -

that frog is so dope - saw that on the IG and wanted to like it 100x

hoping eddy is coming to jersey soon

he was at smith not long ago but i missed him - no $ or something like that

he's a tatooing legend and i've heard a pretty cool guy too

my first 8 tattoos were done on my thighs.  

When I got my forearm done, it hurt a little more in 2 spots.

Went in for some shading to finish my first tattoo on Tuesday. My artist commented that it had healed really well but that he wanted to touch up a few places where the black tribal lines were not uniformly colored. He did that first, then added the minimal shading around the lines we agreed on. We talked a bit about my "next" piece - my right upper arm probably this fall with the summer pool season coming - and then walked out to the receptionist/cashier. He shook my hand and told me there was no charge, that he saw the shading as part of the original price. I fully expected to pay for that since we didn't discuss it up front - and I gave him a good tip as I left.

Here's a pic taken right after removing the wrap before the first cleaning. I'll post a better one once it's healed - this one shows a lot of red irritation where the gray shading was added. In any case, I am really happy with my first tattoo - it reflects what I wanted and has great symbolism for me. It is also my 61st birthday present from my wife - my birthday is Saturday. Now to plan for the next!

412442624.jpg

Sorry it's been a while since I've been here. Looking at other people's tattoos makes me want more, and my wallet can't afford it.

I recently changed jobs, and to celebrate I got this. This was done by the same tattooer that did my other pieces (Papa Joe in Boise, ID). My back is nearly complete. This is a pic of the fresh tattoo.

Tigersnaketattoo.jpg