Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

5 hours ago, Lance said:

@gingerninja! You know how to rock a convention! Great pieces. Btw, who did your shi-shi? Looks cool too from what I can see.

Mike did my shi-shi.

And DUDE, I saw your mon mon cat on IG. I love it hard. Is it in color or B/G? I'm on his wait list...how long did you wait or are you in his rotation?

dude I saw that cat, it was drool worthy

14 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Mike did my shi-shi.

And DUDE, I saw your mon mon cat on IG. I love it hard. Is it in color or B/G? I'm on his wait list...how long did you wait or are you in his rotation?

^also waitlist question

Edited by Oiocha
clarification

18 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Mike did my shi-shi.

Mike? I should have known. In fact I probably asked you that previously. The man is just too good.

Thanks too! It's a black and gray piece and I'm totally loving it. I've been going to SOG for a while and Horitomo did my feet so I guess I'm kind of in his rotation? This was done a day shy of a year since I had my consult with him. There was a mix up in my initial scheduling though so It was a re-schedule. Totally worth the wait.

2.5 years... that is an impressive amount of time.  I was told 1year 1 month and it has been 1 year 1 month so I am on the edge of my seat hoping for a call any day.  It is so hard not to call the shop but, I told myself I wouldnt pester them.

17 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Yeah, you are in his rotation. Score!

UGH, I am patiently waiting. For like 2.5 more years, not that I'm counting. Okay, I'm totally counting. :)

I stopped into the shop in January to buy some prints which he signed for me. Are you a local or semi-local? @Lance

I lived in SF for 3 years but now live in LA. For sessions I typically take the 1st flight to SF and take the last flight out. Although this time I spent the night figuring I'd be exhausted afterwards.

2 1/2 years may sound long but since you're getting tattooed by the likes of Rubendall and Henning in the meantime, time may pass pretty quickly. BTW, keep an eye out. "Bayareatattooconvention" IG page just announced someone can win a monmoncat tattoo. They will be announcing details soon.

2 minutes ago, Devious6 said:

@oboogie - Totally awesome!! Wonderful work on both. Maybe I should look more into doing a Saniderm heal for my next on. Hhhmmmm??...

Look into it! My skin is difficult to heal, and it works a treat on me. My Amy Winehouse healed perfectly with it. My artist Josh is thrilled to have found something that works on me. Until recently, he couldn't use blue ink of any kind because my skin freaked the fuck out and even became infected once.

My only concern is that I tend to get rashes from adhesives - any time I have an IV or have to wear a bandage long term I get a rash. I noticed that the Saniderm directions cautions against using it if you do have allergic reactions to adhesives. I think I'll stick with the tried and true.