Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

3 hours ago, Devious6 said:

My only concern is that I tend to get rashes from adhesives - any time I have an IV or have to wear a bandage long term I get a rash. I noticed that the Saniderm directions cautions against using it if you do have allergic reactions to adhesives. I think I'll stick with the tried and true.

You best avoid it then. 

I get the idea that a lot of people aren't digging the style of my Cash tattoo, and that's OK, of course. What I wanted was a simplified, stylized portrait with an American traditional vibe. I think he was successful.

I still want Chris Jones to do a photo-realistic portrait of of Cash one of these days 

55B884B3-B45C-475B-B5AE-B66E0F4A9BF9.jpg

Edited by oboogie

3 hours ago, oboogie said:

You best avoid it then. 

I get the idea that a lot of people aren't digging the style of my Cash tattoo, and that's OK, of course. What I wanted was a simplified, stylized portrait with an American traditional vibe. I think he was successful.

I still want Chris Jones to do a photo-realistic portrait of of Cash one of these days 

55B884B3-B45C-475B-B5AE-B66E0F4A9BF9.jpg

Everyone has their own opinions and styles. If you like it...it doesn't matter what others think, IMHO. I like the style and I knew immediately it was Johnny Cash.

38 minutes ago, PackMan said:

Three new ones last night by Will Lollie! My wife and I got "matching" swallows and I also got the bison head. 

I've also added a quick picture of my healed foodog.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My artist and I were just talking about Will Lollie yesterday! He has several pieces by him, and he loves his work.

21 minutes ago, Devious6 said:

Everyone has their own opinions and styles. If you like it...it doesn't matter what others think, IMHO. I like the style and I knew immediately it was Johnny Cash.

Thanks, @Devious6. I love it, too. American Traditional is my favorite, and that's most of what I have on my legs.

Three new ones last night by Will Lollie! My wife and I got "matching" swallows and I also got the bison head. 

I've also added a quick picture of my healed foodog.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Amazing work! I'm in the process of booking with Will Lollie when he comes out west this fall. Super excited about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

My artist and I were just talking about Will Lollie yesterday! He has several pieces by him, and he loves his work.

1 hour ago, chrislj54 said:

Amazing work! I'm in the process of booking with Will Lollie when he comes out west this fall. Super excited about it.

He is amazing. Both swallows were hand drawn on. Great artist, great tattooer, and great guy!

I've been busy recently! First up I got this really cute cat and umbrella from Wendy Pham at Brighton Tattoo convention. I've been after this piece of flash for years so happy he's now mine! large.Screenshot_2016-05-25-09-25-19-1.png

Next up (and also at Brighton), I got the side of my knee done by  Jody Dawber. This was the most painful tattoo I have ever got. I was whimpering like a baby (and I usually never make a fuss). I had to dig deep to get through it! Thank god she's fast.  large.Screenshot_2016-05-25-09-25-34-1.png

And last but not least, my latest addition (again on the side of the knee) from my super talented co-worker Lucy O Connell. Had my eye on this babe for well over a year, so happy to finally give her a home. 

large.Screenshot_2016-05-25-09-25-00-1.png

57 minutes ago, polliwog said:

@oboogieWait, is someone being a jerk about your Johnny Cash tattoo?  For what it's worth, I think I prefer that approach to a portrait tattoo. 

@polliwog, not here, no. I think some people don't get it isn't supposed to be a realistic portrait or something? Not sure. But I love it. I took the saniderm off today, and it looks fecking amazing!

45 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I don't want to be catty here, but mice doesn't begin to cover it.

I love a good pun.

I am deciding on what's next on my legs. I don't have an anchor, and I love a good American traditional anchor. That or a lighthouse. That may be what happens next! Better get on Josh's schedule!

upcoming for me I have a large traditional anchor from Oliver Peck on my right thigh in October and a traditional tiger head on my left hand on 08/25 from Alycia Harr  planned. I have been getting back to some good old fashioned american traditional lately. 

Edited by Dan