Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Was great meeting you too @Rob I!!!  Love that panther and snake!!! 

Was thrilled to finally meet @BrianH, @Shaun1105 and @polliwog too!!!  It's always a pleasure seeing @Graeme and @Pugilist.  I love how this place brings us all together. 

Polliwog - you got some lovely tattoos at the convention.  That skunk is totally cute. 

Edited by Fala

15 hours ago, otisc said:

Another nice piece -- how many do you have total oboogie? Seems like you've added a half dozen since spring.

Thanks, @otisc! I've lost count. Probably about 50 or so? I don't know. It could be more. I had only one 5 years ago. Hahahaha!

Edited by oboogie

My big piece was finished last night. Sooo now becomes the deliberation of what I want to do next, where I want to do it. I'm stumped. Was going to talk to my artist last night but I was so focused on pretending it didn't hurt..

Husband has put his leather armor on hold and went w/a new artist, starting this tiger. He loves the new artist so that's great. A dragon is going on the back of the calf there and everything will be in color.

bird.jpg

tigertattoo.jpg

haha what i meant was that the latest tattoo lowdown is really what its all about - people getting tattooed and showing those tattoos off - like if this forum could only have one thread - this would be it :)

i think i was deep in the ipa's when i posted that though so i understand it sounds like a confusing post :)

8 minutes ago, marley mission said:

haha what i meant was that the latest tattoo lowdown is really what its all about - people getting tattooed and showing those tattoos off - like if this forum could only have one thread - this would be it :)

i think i was deep in the ipa's when i posted that though so i understand it sounds like a confusing post :)

One more validation that you should hide both the car keys and the computer keyboard when drinking!!

On 9/15/2016 at 4:49 PM, iowagirl said:

My big piece was finished last night. Sooo now becomes the deliberation of what I want to do next, where I want to do it. I'm stumped. Was going to talk to my artist last night but I was so focused on pretending it didn't hurt..

Husband has put his leather armor on hold and went w/a new artist, starting this tiger. He loves the new artist so that's great. A dragon is going on the back of the calf there and everything will be in color.

bird.jpg

tigertattoo.jpg

Iowagirl -- love your large piece, especially the back portion... but your husband's tiger/cherry blossoms kicks ass. Can't wait to see that one come to completion. Classic.

31 minutes ago, otisc said:

Iowagirl -- love your large piece, especially the back portion... but your husband's tiger/cherry blossoms kicks ass. Can't wait to see that one come to completion. Classic.

@otisc, thank you! I posted the pics on FB and nobody commented on his tiger, they all made remarks about my hairy leg..so he's like what the hell? But, we don't really know many people into tattoos that can "see" what it's going to look like finished. I'm kinda jealous of how cool it's going to look as it progresses, and he's got sessions to look forward too..and I'm scrambling b/c I want more!

On 9/16/2016 at 3:19 AM, iowagirl said:

A dragon is going on the back of the calf

Hey There,

Awesome layout and detailing. The colour combination used is also good.

Even I am planning to get a Dragon tattoo on my calf, but I heard some people say that The Dragon represents good things in the East and hence considered bad luck if removed on calves (Or below waist region). Is it true? 

My little birthday present from me ;). "Borrowed" the pic from the artist's Facebook since I 'dermed it as soon as I got home and didn't think to photograph it first. Hand poked (by a licenced tattoo artist at a professional studio). I found the technique super relaxing & interesting, and this will probably not be my last although I'm craving some colour next.

image.jpeg

So, this turned out way better than I could have expected. Got it finished in two sessions with the second one at Allstar Ink in Limerick, Ireland. Chris Stuart was guesting there for a day prior to the London convention so I was lucky enough to grab the spot.

A great experience again. I couldn't speak highly enough of Chris and the atmosphere was enhanced with the liked of Nagle, Peck, Topper, Noble, Arment all working there on the same day.

Anyway, I'll let the pic do the talking ?

2230334635397ef6165c86e698a077b1.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

@Padji Not sure how long Josh Arment is there for, but you should get tattooed by him!  The tattoo he put on my leg a year ago gets so many  comments from other tattooers.

Unfortunately he's gone already. He was only there for a day or two prior to the London convention. Good chance he'll be back next year!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Picked this one up from Marc Nava at the London tattoo convention yesterday. Such a nice guy and i had a great time being tattooed by him. Really wish i was at the convention today/tomorrow as there seemed to be a LOT of artists taking walk ups that had time (Frankie Carracioli, for example, was in the booth with Marc and didn't do a single tattoo on Friday, at least not by the time i left around 8pm).

Bumped in to a few LSTers too, wish i knew their names here but it was a pleasure seeing you all, even managed to stumble across my main man @Iwar when i was literally on my way out of the convention.

spider.png