Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Well, I just got back from the shop a few hours ago to finish coloring/shading my moth tattoo. I was told the blue and dark brown in the head would lighten up a bit making the contrast/shading more visible. Will post a healed pic in a few weeks.

P.S. If it looks slightly crooked, it's just stretched due to my arm taking the picture.

IMG_7856.JPG

Edited by marfil98

6 hours ago, Mabel said:

Got my first leg tattoo by Victor J Webster @ East River Tattoo in NYC yesterday. It's his interpretation of the Bakunawa, the Philippine mythical dragon which devours the moon and causes lunar eclipses. 

tumblr_oj0c5lC8OF1qaa40do1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj0c57vkQc1qaa40do1_1280.jpg

As an, admittedly, Filipino-half blood, I don the cap of this is awesome! The European in me is envious of the moon story behind it. Makes me want to track down the story. How are you shading it?

3.5 hours put in today by Tim and I. We covered a  lot of ground, outlining my entire arm. the ditch of my arm wasn't awesome. Unfortunately for me theres an oni head right there so its going to seeing a lot more abuse.

The atmosphere at atlas is rad, theres absolutely zero ego floating around. Everyones interested in what their peers are doing. Stoked to head back next week.

Edited by Baboom

WIP, can't wait to finish it next week :3

Dallas: Mother's interrupted the course of our journey. She's programmed to do that should certain conditions arise. They have. It seems that she has... intercepted a transmission of unknown origin. She got us up to check it out.

p1=3.jpg

Edited by viezure

On 1/3/2017 at 5:02 PM, Baboom said:

3.5 hours put in today by Tim and I. We covered a  lot of ground, outlining my entire arm. the ditch of my arm wasn't awesome. Unfortunately for me theres an oni head right there so its going to seeing a lot more abuse.

The atmosphere at atlas is rad, theres absolutely zero ego floating around. Everyones interested in what their peers are doing. Stoked to head back next week.

Put a few more hours in today. Knocked out a few sensitive spots in the inner arm as well as some shading..... until next Tuesday

Just finished my first half sleeve!!! Woohooooooooo!!! 

15 hours, 12 of which were inking, the other two were mini cigarette breaks and stenciling and freehand drawing the lotuses, done in two back to back days in Thessaloniki (Greece)

Pics were taken a few minutes after the top lotus was done, will upload some pics when it's healed!

20170110_175034.jpg

20170110_175039.jpg

20170110_175029.jpg

20170110_175031.jpg

Edited by Ravax

12 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

@Makar You ae winning on all fronts - especially in the sauna. The colors are on point and the detail looks amazing. Congrats!

I know it's often said 'as long as you like it then that's all that matters' but it is good to get feedback from other tattoo enthusiasts. I appreciate it hugely - helps with any dissonance that creeps in over such a long term commitment. 

So, thanks again one and all for chipping in!