Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I got this little tiny one for Friday the 13th. I was there early (first) because I had the day off, and it is my regular shop. I was texting with my artist the whole time before they opened and waited at the door. There was a short line, but I was there first, so it was all good. This big fat guy (who appeared to have zero tattoos, which is fine, of course, but kinda cheap to only get $20 tattoos) was at the front of the line, and he seemed to be eyeballing me. When the door was unlocked at noon, he PUSHED ME OUT OF THE WAY and blocked my entrance. My friend/artist saw him do it, and he just about lost his shit. All the guys in the shop know me and said, "We got you, Jen, you're first. Just go on back." So I sit down while everyone else is still signing in, and he starts tattooing me with the little cup o' coffee. My artist has steam coming out of his ears. He's furious because this guy shoved me. He yells over to the fat guy (who is now starting to get a tattoo), and says, "Hey, is he getting the cock? HE SHOULD. F***ing ASSHOLE." I had to convince him NOT to punch the guy. Meanwhile, big fat guy is scared shitless and never made eye contact with me again.

Long story short, my friend is F***ing awesome, and he always has my back. And I like my little cup o' Joe. The end.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 7.54.12 PM.png

Edited by oboogie

Well, my story is nowhere near as interesting as yours @oboogie but, I went in today planning to get something small for Friday the 13th and, after looking at all the cool flash for a while (while waiting) I settled on this reaper with a shotgun. But my artist gave me an extra discount if I got two and I couldn't resist :3_grin:. So I got a cool Native American arrowhead on the other arm which perfectly fits a gap in between two other tattoos that I couldn't figure out how to fill. I love how both of them came out. Still fresh but I'll post a healed pic in a few weeks.

IMG_8325.JPG

IMG_8331.JPG

5 hours ago, oboogie said:

I got this little tiny one for Friday the 13th. I was there early (first) because I had the day off, and it is my regular shop. I was texting with my artist the whole time before they opened and waited at the door. There was a short line, but I was there first, so it was all good. This big fat guy (who appeared to have zero tattoos, which is fine, of course, but kinda cheap to only get $20 tattoos) was at the front of the line, and he seemed to be eyeballing me. When the door was unlocked at noon, he PUSHED ME OUT OF THE WAY and blocked my entrance. My friend/artist saw him do it, and he just about lost his shit. All the guys in the shop know me and said, "We got you, Jen, you're first. Just go on back." So I sit down while everyone else is still signing in, and he starts tattooing me with the little cup o' coffee. My artist has steam coming out of his ears. He's furious because this guy shoved me. He yells over to the fat guy (who is now starting to get a tattoo), and says, "Hey, is he getting the cock? HE SHOULD. F***ing ASSHOLE." I had to convince him NOT to punch the guy. Meanwhile, big fat guy is scared shitless and never made eye contact with me again.

Long story short, my friend is F***ing awesome, and he always has my back. And I like my little cup o' Joe. The end.

guy sounds like a dick,the shop I was at today they would have 86'ed him.

that sucks that happened to you.

cool tattoo :)

8 hours ago, oboogie said:

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 7.54.12 PM.png

What an a**hole! Sorry you had that happen to you. I just wish they would have refused service for him. At least, I hope they made it painful.

Great tattoo - especially as I sit here drinking coffee.

4 hours ago, Devious6 said:

What an a**hole! Sorry you had that happen to you. I just wish they would have refused service for him. At least, I hope they made it painful.

Great tattoo - especially as I sit here drinking coffee.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

guy sounds like a dick,the shop I was at today they would have 86'ed him.

that sucks that happened to you.

cool tattoo :)

Thanks, guys. My artist wouldn't have tattooed him. He planned to tell him to eff off. Sadly, the other guys didn't see it happen, but I promise you they heard about it later. The place was so packed—it was all a bit chaotic. I'm just glad my artist stood up for me. He's a great guy. I love him.

I like your filler, Dan!

@Gingerninja I don't have anything to compare them with, but I've definitely got no complaints. Really great place in terms of how it's laid out and looks as well, and there's an outdoor rooftop area to sit while you're waiting, which is pretty sweet. Huge difference to the only other tattooist I've been in to (8 years ago with a mate who was getting one) which was a small, pokey little place and one angry 400lb guy doing the tattooing. 

Good to hear someone else likes their work - as I said I've got nothing to compare them with so it's reassuring to know other people think they're awesome too!

On 1/12/2017 at 10:47 PM, Tornado7 said:

Some weeds from the roadsides of America, they always make me giddy when I see a big bunch growing in a ditch.

I don't think my artist was stoked to do more damn flowers.

IMG_20170112_213643_997.jpg

I love these roadside "weed" flowers too!  Cool idea.

Everyone's Friday the 13th stuff is neat. 

14 minutes ago, Krust said:

Hi, my new tattoo, what do you think about it? Please tell me the truth, it's important. I'd like to fix something, should I add colour on the moth and inside the lantern? Thank you :)

IMG_20170116_235218.jpg

I think it looks great the way it is. It's up to you if you want to change it but I'd say leave it alone. Give it a few months at least. Seriously though it does look cool.

34 minutes ago, Krust said:

Hi, my new tattoo, what do you think about it? Please tell me the truth, it's important. I'd like to fix something, should I add colour on the moth and inside the lantern? Thank you :)

it's a cool tattoo,

but don't keep it so wet.whatever you're putting on it,apply it VERY lightly.

keep it clean,and whatever lotion ,etc you put on it,keep it light.

what are you putting on it BTW ?

Edited by Dan

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

it's a cool tattoo,

but don't keep it so wet.whatever you're putting on it,apply it VERY lightly.

keep it clean,and whatever lotion ,etc you put on it,keep it light.

what are you putting on it BTW ?

I'm using bepanthenol . Thanks for the advice, i'm going to use less cream