Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

1 hour ago, aant said:

I looked through his profile, and can't locate anywhere where he is claiming to be a tattoo artist, or even giving advice out as one. He explicitly stated he's only tattooing himself, so who cares? Just let it go. 

I have tried my best to be honest about who I am and what I'm doing from the start.  I have also tried very hard to stay within the boundaries of my knowledge when offering my ideas and thoughts. So I really appreciate your investigations and recognition of these.  Thank you. :)

On 2/26/2017 at 7:41 PM, Howie said:

@Gingerninja Very awesome tiger! 

On the subject of untrained people doing tattoos, everyone has different opinions and I'm a relative new-jack but for me I see tattooing as being almost on the level of dentistry or cosmetic surgery or something in a "you really wanna get that done by a fully trained practitioner" kinda way.

If someone told me they were going to learn how to do a face-lift on themselves by looking on the internet for odd half-pieces of information, buying scalpels on eBay and having a crack in the mirror I'd for sure be concerned about that person, right after puking on his/her shoes at the thought of it. :4_joy:

Hardly finger-painting is it.

While it's certainly not finger painting ... it is neither cosmetic surgery nor is it dentistry.  Both those professions require four years of reputable schooling and attainment of bachelor degrees, regulated testing and are subject to strict licencing - at minimum. To be fair, I don't feel these are comparable to tattooing ...neither does the government, apparently.

As far as my knowledge extends,  medical schools do not required their students to perform dental work or face-lifts on themselves, whereas a tattoo apprentice is very likely to be asked to do his/her first piece on himself.  

I appreciate your "concern" for my well being.  I also am concerned for my well being and so even though it is only my own skin I am risking I am an avid student and very conscientious when it comes to proper hygiene practices.

Edited by littlefox1970

53 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I've already called them. They are on it. :4_joy:

I've read his posts, and he has given advice. But you guys are big fans, clearly, so you feel free to take his advice. :-)

An artist I am not; I certainly am not going to waste the limited space I have with shitty work done by myself. I would rather let a trained professional do it!

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

I've already called them. They are on it. :4_joy:

I've read his posts, and he has given advice. But you guys are big fans, clearly, so you feel free to take his advice. :-)

I would honestly love to know what advice I gave, exactly, that you found so offensive and pretentious ... I am definitely open to correcting myself if I have done so. 

4 hours ago, littlefox1970 said:

While it's certainly not finger painting ... it is neither cosmetic surgery nor is it dentistry.  Both those professions require four years of reputable schooling and attainment of bachelor degrees, regulated testing and are subject to strict licencing - at minimum. To be fair, I don't feel these are comparable to tattooing ...neither does the government, apparently.

As far as my knowledge extends,  medical schools do not required their students to perform dental work or face-lifts on themselves, whereas a tattoo apprentice is very likely to be asked to do his/her first piece on himself.  

I appreciate your "concern" for my well being.  I also am concerned for my well being and so even though it is only my own skin I am risking I am an avid student and very conscientious when it comes to proper hygiene practices.

Of course, I meant it more from my perspective as a customer than the government's attitude to it or the qualifications required... I go to a special sterile place to get my skin painfully hacked up by a professional and a foreign liquid injected into me to make visible lifelong changes to my body, objectively it's not a million miles away from the two professions I mentioned and my toes curl up at the thought of doing it to myself.  

I don't judge you for making your choices. I have a couple of tattooer friends back home from when I played in hardcore bands and their upper thighs are covered in really shitty beginner doodles, it's definitely not an alien concept to me. I didn't mean to sound patronizing with the concern comment. 

I haven't seen you give advice other than suggestions about designs etc, I think the objection from the more established members might be the couple of attempts you've made to discuss technical stuff regarding gear or technique, the reason being most people feel you should pick up that initial knowledge in a shop during an apprenticeship.

I don't think you should stop posting *hug*. 

Good idea. Rose on Saturday from Reece, the shop apprentice at Cuba Street Tattoo. He didn't go crazy on shading just in case I decide I want him to put color in it before I leave NZ but I think I like it black for now.

58b6326916ba6_legrose.jpg.541587308def5834285a09ce88cea096.jpg

Can't wait to carry on but I'm moving to Vietnam in a few weeks and every time I think "maybe just one more for the road" I log into my internet banking and my account keeps being all...

noooo.gif.5e3bb905386b6ebfb65522b11d3c8938.gif

Edited by Howie

It's been some time since I've posted in here. Just dropping by to show of a cool little something I got today. Done by Tato Toby at Thank You Tattoo in Copenhagen.

I've been in love with this design since he posted it as part of a flashsheet on Instagram some months ago. Today I finally got around to getting it done.

He also did a really cool fly filler on me, that I don't have a photo of right now..

Photo borrowed from Toby's Instagram (@tatotoby).

17077485_789008554582742_4792184269604651008_n.jpg

Edited by Emil

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Emil said:

It's been some time since I've posted in here. Just dropping by to show of a cool little something I got today. Done by Tato Toby at Thank You Tattoo in Copenhagen.

I've been in love with this design since he posted it as part of a flashsheet on Instagram some months ago. Today I finally got around to getting it done.

He also did a really cool fly filler on me, that I don't have a photo of right now..

Photo borrowed from Toby's Instagram (@tatotoby).

17077485_789008554582742_4792184269604651008_n.jpg

Now that is a cool design.  Kudos!

So this wasn't a "latest tattoo" but it was a recent experience in a tattoo shop....

Last night, I was fortunate enough to attend a very informal, intimate get-together in Shanghai Kate's backyard. Kate had Lyle Tuttle and Jacci Gresham spending the day with her. It was absolutely unreal to sit and chat with these folks. As someone who is very into the history of tattooing, it was like stepping into a time machine. 

IMG_6183.JPG

IMG_6191.JPG

IMG_6192.JPG