Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

1 hour ago, Dan said:

the tattoo looks great though hun,

now you do realize that your feet are uneven now and you will have to get the other one done too ! LOL

Thank you, Dan! I've thought about that ... I'm going to have to be uneven for a while now. I have to forget how much it hurt before I do that again. Hahaha!

Edited by oboogie

5 minutes ago, SStu said:
On 3/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, oboogie said:

I'm so happy with it, but GOOD LORD. That was brutal.

I'm leaning toward similar and matching blackwork for my feet - but I'll probably specifically be leaving out the shading for just that reason :5_smiley:

The shading wasn't as bad as the outline. The outline. WHOA NOW.

9 hours ago, Michaelshane said:

Same here.shading was not so bad.It takes a long time to heal.I think it's because it's so far from the heart.I got one foot done then waited seven months to do the other.Im glad I only have two feet.

I think I'll be waiting until next spring to do the other foot. This is going to take a while to heal—I can already tell that. It still looks like a slab of ham. Very swollen. OUCH.

2 hours ago, oboogie said:

I think I'll be waiting until next spring to do the other foot. This is going to take a while to heal—I can already tell that. It still looks like a slab of ham. Very swollen. OUCH.

I've been thinking both at once, but actually taking a week's vacation immediately afterwards. I'm not sure if even that will be enough . . . 

Howdy. First post here! Just got a blackwork floral shoulder cap yesterday that I'm thrilled with (my third tattoo). It's flowers from my wedding bouquet (dahlia, roses, calla lilies, succulent, ginkgo leaves, and more), done with dotwork and whip shading (which I'm obsessed with rn). Done by Jacob Kearney at Metamorph Tattoo in Chicago, in about four hours. He was a total pro and I'm in love with this piece!

20170323_183252.jpg

IMG_42471.jpg

IMG_42501.jpg

@oboogie that's gorgeous! I did two hours on each of my feet in one visit and F*** me running that was awful. I wasn't aware it was possible for feet to swell like that. It was like a Friday, and then I went back to work Monday. Chasing after preschoolers..hobbling. Not one of my smarter moments. (and lucky me-it was a cover up and it's poking thru---so now guess who gets to do a removal session and get it redone?)

Are you doing something similar on your other foot?

23 hours ago, iowagirl said:

@oboogie that's gorgeous! I did two hours on each of my feet in one visit and F*** me running that was awful. I wasn't aware it was possible for feet to swell like that. It was like a Friday, and then I went back to work Monday. Chasing after preschoolers..hobbling. Not one of my smarter moments. (and lucky me-it was a cover up and it's poking thru---so now guess who gets to do a removal session and get it redone?)

Are you doing something similar on your other foot?

Thanks, @iowagirl! I'm really very pleased with how it turned out. I reckon I will do something similar on the other foot. Josh Henderson is pretty much in charge once I tell him my idea. He'll come up with something great to complement the other foot, I bet.

You are a crazy nut to do both feet in one go! My foot is just now starting to look like a foot again. It looked basically like a slab of ham for the first few days. Brutal. Still so happy I did it, though.
Edited by oboogie

Figure I'd hop in this thread at some point! A sweet goblin by Kirk Shandro outta Easy Tiger in Edmonton AB. We were originally set to do a Dietzel masquerade girl but decided against it due to the weird wrap on the placement--half in ditch, half around the top of the elbow kinda deal. From an Oliver Bach repaint in the shop, but neither of us could figure out the original flash or artist it came from. I've seen Koeplinger and Bert Krak do ones as well.

Photo_2017-03-25,_11_17_07_PM.png