Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

@piccalilli congrats, really an amazing piece.

Thank you! I just saw your post. That backpiece you have in progress is quite something! Takashi's work is so powerful, I follow him on IG and marvel at the work he does.

Edited by piccalilli

How many of you guys get tattoos done concurrently to large project pieces? My sleeve is in progress but I’m getting the itch to get other work done, and I’m trying to figure if I should just use whatever money would go towards something else for sessions on the sleeve..

4 minutes ago, aant said:

How many of you guys get tattoos done concurrently to large project pieces? My sleeve is in progress but I’m getting the itch to get other work done, and I’m trying to figure if I should just use whatever money would go towards something else for sessions on the sleeve..

I'm in the middle of a sleeve with Scott Sylvia and I have went and got fun one session tattoos in between by him. I'd say go for it if you can afford it. 

2 hours ago, aant said:

To quote KD Lang's 101 year old spunky Grandma (true story) "you better finish what you started". My advice is focus on completing what you have in progress. Awful lot of unfinished tattoos walking around, don't be a statistic! This has always been my approach. Eye on the prize.

Just now, bongsau said:

To quote KD Lang's 101 year old spunky Grandma (true story) "you better finish what you started". My advice is focus on completing what you have in progress. Awful lot of unfinished tattoos walking around, don't be a statistic! This has always been my approach. Eye on the prize.

I’m thinking I’m agreeing - someone else on the forum posted something along the lines of “there’s plenty of amazing tattooers you’ll be too early to get tattooed by, and plenty you’ll be too late to get tattooed by”. 

...or not have the funds, or the time, or whatever. 

Such is life.

3 hours ago, aant said:

For traditional Japanese tattoos (I'm working on a backpiece) it's considered disgraceful not to finish, so as @bongsau said, I say finish what you've started first.

12 minutes ago, jnin said:

I should clarify my advice on the subject isn't to abandon your current tattoo in progress, but if your in between appointments and get something in between I see no problem with it, providing you can afford to do so  

The one-shot piece I was looking at, tip included, was roughly the price of my session cost for my sleeve...so, it’s like...knock that out, or get my sleeve done months sooner. It’s already going to take another year and a half or so for my sleeve to be completed and it’s my first multi session piece, so I’m getting that itch again to get work done sooner than I actually can manage.

I get your point, though. If it was just a lil’ jammer or something it would be no big deal.

Edited by aant