Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

^ I'm going to take a wild guess and say that wasn't done in a shop. The overwhelming majority of tattoo infections come from the person administering it, especially in the case of tattoos given outside of a clean shop, or within the first couple days of having it when the skin hasn't scabbed yet. By this point, your skin has probably made enough of a protective barrier to ward off infections. I would just give it a good rinse after you're done so any sweat doesn't pile up on it and make the scabs slosh off. You want to leave the scabs alone until they fall off on their own.

I would suggest, as I do with everyone, decreasing your lotion. I only use tiny dabs of lotion maybe once every few days to make myself more comfortable as the tattoo gets dry and peels. That's really all the lotion does: it moisturizes to reduce itchiness and cracked skin. Your body can heal itself just fine and sometimes too much lotion can delay the healing process.

First, thanks for comments etc re my last tattoo. Sorry not been about, crazy busy.

But got new tattoo today :) Done on my right knee by by Tommygunn, Belfast City Skinworks in Belfast, Northern Ireland. 

It is linked to Duriel, The Lord of Pain from Diablo. I slept during most of it. Also pics showing merge with other tattoos and finally the reference pic.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Went back for another session today. Made great strides of progress. Shop was quiet on a weekday. I took the gang a box of hot wings and a chocolate cake. Artist thinks we need one more touch session after everything heals to get the final blending and shading. The areas near my armpits almost had me standing up. 

IMG_0537 2.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

image3.jpeg

Edited by rdinak
one more photo

I don't think I've posted any of these:

Grim design by Morten Transeth at Blue Arms Tattoo in Oslo:

uW0zjV8.jpg

Morning star by Siggy from Death or Glory in CPH, done at Tattoo Nation in Kristiansand:

X2up4ZM.jpg

And a little dragons head by Hanse at Blue Arms Tattoo in Oslo- who is currently at Idle Hands in SF till the end of February.

ldq5z2i.jpg

Thanks @Gingerninja !

Keep forgetting to mention all my recent work has been done at Ministry of Ink in Farnham UK by a chap called Ben Dunning - boat and Kraken were not really his "style" and were to designs worked up by my Mrs (who usually does quilts).

Suffice to say I did not "sit like a rock" for this one and there may have been some quiet swearing involved :-)... 

@AtomicMagpye Ha! That's a tender spot for sure but it's done and you never have to do it again. Unless of course, you do the other side....

I distinctly remember getting my right ribs done. It was only a four hour session and thankfully we finished. I remember calling my husband immediately after to tell him to slap me if I ever decide to do my left ribs. Within a month, I was planning my left ribs...*face palm.*

(Note: he didn't slap me but he did remind me of the phone call!)

I'm super stoked. Yesterday I started my second tattoo, a tiger half sleeve on my left arm.  Done by Jeff Stress at Enso Tattoo in Columbus, Ohio.  I'll try to get better pics, this one is right after the fact.  Two things that amazed me, that it only took Kevin 2 hours and how much the pain level can change in just a matter of a couple inches.

Tiger outline.jpg

9 hours ago, AtomicMagpye said:

@JAC1961 - hows the healing going - tattoo looks great so far - will be great to see progress as it goes...  2 hours sounds rapid!

@AtomicMagpyeSeems to be going well. First night there was some swelling and definitely sore, but the swelling is gone and only one spot near my arm pit that's still slightly tender to the touch.  I'm really happy with it, I think it will turn out great.

Went back for another session today. Made great strides of progress. Shop was quiet on a weekday. I took the gang a box of hot wings and a chocolate cake. Artist thinks we need one more touch session after everything heals to get the final blending and shading. The areas near my armpits almost had me standing up. 
5a58203749a99_IMG_05372.thumb.jpg.6558d48ee8dbc02ddee14e1f10dbd240.jpg
IMG_0537.thumb.jpg.ff0f9bcbe0c8c762cf224b70ef34d4f3.jpg
IMG_0538.thumb.jpg.3a8e230bcd10e9da4a05e03dc308e773.jpg
IMG_0541.thumb.jpg.16d691ab97f5edbd6e25340fa66a3a89.jpg
IMG_0543.thumb.jpg.b81a67ec1360d9f7645360bf5579a885.jpg
IMG_0545.thumb.jpg.6f2a34fd2fe1e8e8bcc6a892543d3743.jpg
image3.thumb.jpeg.3abc20aef874a1428acf450e815abcc3.jpeg

I LOVE that tattoo!!