Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

15 hours ago, Oiocha said:

Thanks guys!  It was a rough weekend, if I'm allowed to over share I got broken up with while I was out there, and woke up today at 6:00am to go get poked by the dentist.  So having Horitomo be so nice and get so much work done was a real pick me up!  He was super excited that I finally came back and he gets to work on both a back piece and a Monmon piece.  Shading is so incredibly easy in comparison to the lines, its almost silly how much easier it is. I hope it stays easy to get shading.

was the shading done by machine or tebori?

19 hours ago, Oiocha said:

Thanks guys!  It was a rough weekend, if I'm allowed to over share I got broken up with while I was out there, and woke up today at 6:00am to go get poked by the dentist.  So having Horitomo be so nice and get so much work done was a real pick me up!  He was super excited that I finally came back and he gets to work on both a back piece and a Monmon piece.  Shading is so incredibly easy in comparison to the lines, its almost silly how much easier it is. I hope it stays easy to get shading.

jesus, sorry man.

but, glad you're making progress!

• 2 weeks later...

@Oiocha I stared at the drawing of your backpiece for a few hours. I’m a little over the moon with my piece and I think he really like it, too. He said that he had a lot of fun doing it! It’s the only ‘freestanding’ nine tailed, mon mon style fox that he’s ever done. So rad!!

And yeah, this was a bucket list trip. Everything went according to schedule and I even got a couple of serendipitous tattoos! Thank you for the kind words. ❤️

12 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Horitomo. Two sessions, all electric (rotary and coil).  Photos do not do this justice! I will say that first four hours of outlining and shading was super hateful. Of course, I am already considering having him do my left shin. What is wrong with me? 😜

3141AF79-3914-468B-A032-7C3BB563CAC9.jpeg

Soooooo good! Congrats on two great pieces! Bet you're stoked!

Thanks @SStu and @Bearcat78! I ended up with four new tattoo's and had some final touches put on another over the course of last week. Five sessions in five days...a new personal best for me. LOL. One guy at a shop was like "what's the rush?". I could have been a total A-hole and told him that I have a brain tumor and about to turn 55. But I didn't. 🙂

Interestingly, I didn't say anything to him about doing tebori or not, but he did know that I needed to have it finished if at all possible in the two sittings. Not only was the trip stupid expensive, I have two days booked in October to finish my leg and he was pretty clear that he didn't want anyone tattooing near his piece until his part was done. I'd love to have some tebori at eventually! @scottyg

2 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Interestingly, I didn't say anything to him about doing tebori or not, but he did know that I needed to have it finished if at all possible in the two sittings. Not only was the trip stupid expensive, I have two days booked in October to finish my leg and he was pretty clear that he didn't want anyone tattooing near his piece until his part was done. I'd love to have some tebori at eventually! @scottyg

2 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

So F***ing cool that you plan an awesome trip to California to get tattooed. I fly out to California next month to continue my Fudo/dragon sleeve with Scott Sylvia. I used to live about an hour and a half away from Black Heart but life happens and now I live in Colorado. Interestingly enough, Timothy Hoyer is in town soon and we have been messaging about getting something cool. Wish me luck! 

4 hours ago, jnin said:

So F***ing cool that you plan an awesome trip to California to get tattooed. I fly out to California next month to continue my Fudo/dragon sleeve with Scott Sylvia. I used to live about an hour and a half away from Black Heart but life happens and now I live in Colorado. Interestingly enough, Timothy Hoyer is in town soon and we have been messaging about getting something cool. Wish me luck! 

Oh man, Timothy is the best! Nicest dude there is. He just knocked out a great white getting harpooned on my leg here in New Orleans a few months ago. You'll definitely get something cool, no doubt about that! I was on the tail end of the flu when I got tattooed by him and I thought my body was gonna call it quits haha. Had been emailing back and forth for 8-10 months though and was not missing my chance.

Edited by Bearcat78

19 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Thanks @SStu and @Bearcat78! I ended up with four new tattoo's and had some final touches put on another over the course of last week. Five sessions in five days...a new personal best for me. LOL. One guy at a shop was like "what's the rush?". I could have been a total A-hole and told him that I have a brain tumor and about to turn 55. But I didn't. 🙂

Dragging tattoos out just hurts more! Everyone can move at their own pace. I'm 25 and I have my back, arms, feet and armpits left anddddd that's it. Trying to get done sooner than later. More power to you!!

17 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Hey maybe we'll run into each other, I'm hoping to go for my birthday in October!

Got this sexy wolf done on friday by Line Marielle in Denmark! It's a continuation to my existing work from her on my forearm, so now Im the proud owner of a halfsleeve 😁 Will end up with a full sleeve eventually, I bet! Theres also another raven, a Valknut symbol and a verse from Håvamål in old norse, so all of the new stuff isnt visible here. Maybe Ill upload another pic later.

Im so stoked, cant wait for it to heal.

IMG_20180623_190117_360.jpg