Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

Got my right arm sleeve touched up last night. I had planned to go work out today at Orange Theory Fitness, but my arm is super sore, and we usually do lots of weight lifting. Not sure what I should do. Thoughts and feelings?

that's easy, skip a couple days of workouts.

I took an entire week off when I was in SF a couple of weeks ago. It's been over six years since I took an entire week off! Interestingly, it's either the sitting that I do on a daily basis or my workouts but my back doesn't hurt at all after skipping a week. I feel like a slug but at least my back doesn't hurt! @oboogie

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 5:45 PM, suburbanxcore said:

I'm actually amazed, but I was able to get decent runs in after getting my knees tattooed. The other day I did a 15 miler the morning after getting my thigh tattooed. I was pleasantly surprised. But if it's sore, definitely makes sense to err on the side of caution.

I  had to do some route setting for my University within a week of getting the Steve Byrne piece I got.  That was tough to keep clean and it was sore and itchy the whole way; chalk, dirt, sweat, and vinegar literally everywhere.

12 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Another souvenir from my trip to Spider Murphys last month by Laurent Trelaun.

I'm always amazed at the tattoos you get, where you get them, and the travelling you do! You and that tattoo kick butt!

On 6/17/2018 at 11:43 PM, Gingerninja said:

Horitomo. Two sessions, all electric (rotary and coil).  Photos do not do this justice! I will say that first four hours of outlining and shading was super hateful. Of course, I am already considering having him do my left shin. What is wrong with me? 😜

3141AF79-3914-468B-A032-7C3BB563CAC9.jpeg

Amazing, how bad did your shin swell up after that?

I don't get to go to Pagoda this year but I did have a little thing done yesterday. Great thing about working with the same person over a period of time. I brought a co worker to her for her first tattoo a few weeks ago and we were talking and she came up with the idea of a vintage suitcase (perfect for me). Didn't really know what to expect and this is what she came up with. She remembered my three most common travel destinations. How can you not be grateful for people like that. 

Drawing and tattoo by Ashley Matthias, Bulletproof Tiger Tattoo, Manchester, NH

20180710_174946.jpg

1 hour ago, Boiled Dove said:

I don't get to go to Pagoda this year but I did have a little thing done yesterday. Great thing about working with the same person over a period of time. I brought a co worker to her for her first tattoo a few weeks ago and we were talking and she came up with the idea of a vintage suitcase (perfect for me). Didn't really know what to expect and this is what she came up with. She remembered my three most common travel destinations. How can you not be grateful for people like that. 

Drawing and tattoo by Ashley Matthias, Bulletproof Tiger Tattoo, Manchester, NH

20180710_174946.jpg

Love it! Always fun getting small one-shots, they almost make you believe tattoos don't hurt.

@Boiled Dove I love your new tattoo! That is a super fun one. For my shin, I was actively managing the swelling. I took it really easy, kept it elevated as much as possible for a few days. It swelled up more after I traveled home which was after the second sitting. My shin didn't swell as much as I thought it would, though. The worst swelling to date was on the back of my left knee, in the ditch. THAT was swollen!

31 minutes ago, thyes said:

That's one wicked collection you got, @Dan

Just out of curiosity, how old is your right sleeve? I mean it looks a little bit more faded than your left, but it still looks good. 

thanks !

both my lower arms are mostly from the 80's & 90's,

my upper arms/shoulders are newer,

my right arm is still bright,I think the lighting and mix of styles make it look different,

both arms were done in the same time frames alternating back and forth.

Edited by Dan