Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

On 9/19/2018 at 8:20 PM, Oiocha said:

I'm a month shy of 25y/o.  I'm just not a movie guy; I'm a comic book and punk guy.  I also like the Mohawk Hot stuff, very 80's-90's NYHC. Wonderful tattoo though, lets not take away from that.

Yes. I'm much older than you. And no, nothing is taking away from my tattoo. I like it much better than any of the ones you liked on the sheet. Hahaha. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I got my third tattoo last Wednesday... the tattoo I always thought would be my first, a family tribute.

I asked for suggestions on it here a while back and tried to put them to good use.  I stayed away from heavy on text and went with something more graphic and symbolic.  We all like the Pixar movie "Up" so I used that as a theme and added my wife's, daughter's and grandkids' first initials in heart shaped balloons with their birth stone colors.  It was done by Jaimi Mullholand at Broad Wing Tattoo in Bowling Green, OH.  I'm super pleased with it and ready for my next.

IMG_20181007_175549330.jpg

On 10/7/2018 at 8:58 PM, JAC1961 said:

I got my third tattoo last Wednesday... the tattoo I always thought would be my first, a family tribute.

I asked for suggestions on it here a while back and tried to put them to good use.  I stayed away from heavy on text and went with something more graphic and symbolic.  We all like the Pixar movie "Up" so I used that as a theme and added my wife's, daughter's and grandkids' first initials in heart shaped balloons with their birth stone colors.  It was done by Jaimi Mullholand at Broad Wing Tattoo in Bowling Green, OH.  I'm super pleased with it and ready for my next.

IMG_20181007_175549330.jpg

Love it!

Last week I had two days with Mr. Rubendall (1/2 day Friday and all day Saturday). We spent the time doing lining and a little shading over my entire right leg. He added a crane to the back of my thigh and a peony on my knee. The cool part is that he was able to tie in all my other pieces with clouds, water, rocks, etc., so my leg looks 100% cohesive! Apparently, he loves doing tie-in's. And he killed it. Three more sessions to finish over the next several months. I am over the MOON with his work.  

15 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Last week I had two days with Mr. Rubendall (1/2 day Friday and all day Saturday). We spent the time doing lining and a little shading over my entire right leg. He added a crane to the back of my thigh and a peony on my knee. The cool part is that he was able to tie in all my other pieces with clouds, water, rocks, etc., so my leg looks 100% cohesive! Apparently, he loves doing tie-in's. And he killed it. Three more sessions to finish over the next several months. I am over the MOON with his work.  

so how did the knee feel for you after all  ?

Edited by Dan

@Dan Yeah, knee was ouchy. I am not looking forward to getting it colored in next year! Mike said that it would take 2-3 hours to finish it which I can do but suck factor was a solid 3 on a scale of 5 (3 means it really hurts but not tap out territory!)

@SStu Thanks! I am such a Kings Ave fan it is ridiculous. #fangirl

I'm busy healing my new little addition, I got it on my arm and between the easy spot and the tebori the experience was the easiest to date.  I got a Daruma doll which was one of the two things I originally set out to get anyways, I have some rock climbing goals to reach and if I do I'll get the eye blacked in during the Jacksonville Imperial Arts fest.  Pics in a few days once the eye calms down.