Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

2 minutes ago, Oiocha said:

First order of business is going to the section that talks all about this and you can probably find it there. In the mean time keep the area clean and dont wait and go to the doctor because the white pimples sound like a Staph infection @elly318

I'm new here haven't used this before so I'll find the thread, I'm in Ireland it's a bank holiday weekend so there is no doctors till Tuesday only emergency rooms in the hospital, I was fearing a staph infection I'm fuckin terrified I hope it's not

On 10/24/2018 at 1:05 PM, Aahzz said:

So I already had an appointment today, which turned out to be a coincidence since my Facebook memory this morning was my very first tattoo - 8 years ago today :).

Saw my man Kevin at Mothers in Erlanger KY again today and got this goddess to go with my green man...

IMG_1620-1.thumb.jpeg.eda75c19b1be420e18583c5d15de25f3.jpeg

ok,if nobody else is going to say what we are all thinking,

@Aahzz   do yourself a favor and never go back to that tattooer  ever again.

Edited by Dan

9 minutes ago, Oiocha said:

Not mistreating it is the best course of action so take a peek in the aftercare section of the forum and try to remain calm.

I've spent the whole day today doing very little with my arm, washing regular with savlon and warm water, anything else you think I should do?

On 10/28/2018 at 8:56 PM, Dan said:

ok,if nobody else is going to say what we are all thinking,

@Aahzz   do yourself a favor and never go back to that tattooer  ever again.

I'm curious to hear your issues with this piece (or my previous green man, if you're including him).

Edited by Aahzz

10 minutes ago, Aahzz said:

I'm curious to hear you issues with this piece.  

So swelling has gone down and redness and it's now starting to flake and look like a normal tattoo. Do you guys think the artist overworked it? I've had five or six previous sessions with him and they went and healed fine!

6 hours ago, Aahzz said:

I'm curious to hear your issues with this piece (or my previous green man, if you're including him).

well, regarding the "goddess",

there are  many issues IMO , to go into a few, the shading on her face looks like a beard, her nose is not really there, the outline on the lips looks terrible, the lips are not even, the shading that is suppose to maybe be eye brows is different sizes and does not look like eye brows, she looks like a man, the shading under her eyes and on her forehead make no sense, where is the light source coming from ? the outlines around her nostrils ,lips, and eyes are really bad.

sorry, but it's just a poorly done tattoo IMO.

I just felt being honest might help you in your next tattoo.

Edited by Dan

10 hours ago, Dan said:

there are  many issues IMO , to go into a few, the shading on her face looks like a beard, her nose is not really there, the outline on the lips looks terrible, the lips are not even, the shading that is suppose to maybe be eye brows is different sizes and does not look like eye brows, she looks like a man, the shading under her eyes and on her forehead make no sense, where is the light source coming from ? the outlines around her nostrils ,lips, and eyes are really bad.

sorry, but it's just a poorly done tattoo IMO.

I just felt being honest might help you in your next tattoo.

I appreciate your honesty.  You didn't say much that I hadn't already thought - although the lips are precisely what I gave him in my reference pic.  I posted her here wondering if someone would call me/Kevin out on the shading, or if I was being as overly sensitive as my wife said I was :).  Personally, I adore her hair, crown, and the eyes are also precisely what I gave him in the reference and I dig them.  The nose, mouth, and lower face shading bug me.  Oddly, looking back at my reference pic the nose matches it precisely, but I had him leave out some markings from the pic and that makes all the difference.  I've mostly decided to see how I feel when she heals, as the pic was taken less then 5 minutes after he was done, and full size the pic is slightly larger than the actual tattoo.  The shading does seem to be settling in somewhat.  I've ben thrilled with my previous work from him.

I'm not as heavily tattooed as most here, and of the 15 I have Kevin's done 10 of them.  I tend to go outside of the norm, and am not the fan of trad work that many here are, at least on me.  Still, I agree that she could have been better stylistically, but I do overall like her - she captures the overall feel of what I wanted, and from the distance at which most people would see her she looks better than an up close pic.

Just for the hell of it, here's another pic of my green man from Kevin, now healed - still doesn't capture the actual vibrance of the colors, but overall I adore this tattoo, and am interested in the honest opinions of it.

hamish.jpg

Edited by Aahzz

19 hours ago, Dan said:

But other than that it's OK? :-)

15 hours ago, Aahzz said:

I appreciate your honesty.  You didn't say much that I hadn't already thought - although the lips are precisely what I gave him in my reference pic.  I posted her here wondering if someone would call me/Kevin out on the shading, or if I was being as overly sensitive as my wife said I was :).  Personally, I adore her hair, crown, and the eyes are also precisely what I gave him in the reference and I dig them.  The nose, mouth, and lower face shading bug me.  Oddly, looking back at my reference pic the nose matches it precisely, but I had him leave out some markings from the pic and that makes all the difference.  I've mostly decided to see how I feel when she heals, as the pic was taken less then 5 minutes after he was done, and full size the pic is slightly larger than the actual tattoo.  The shading does seem to be settling in somewhat.  I've ben thrilled with my previous work from him.

I'm not as heavily tattooed as most here, and of the 15 I have Kevin's done 10 of them.  I tend to go outside of the norm, and am not the fan of trad work that many here are, at least on me.  Still, I agree that she could have been better stylistically, but I do overall like her - she captures the overall feel of what I wanted, and from the distance at which most people would see her she looks better than an up close pic.

Just for the hell of it, here's another pic of my green man from Kevin, now healed - still doesn't capture the actual vibrance of the colors, but overall I adore this tattoo, and am interested in the honest opinions of it.

hamish.jpg

You like what you like. I think both of those are hideous and awful, and I would never want them, but you are the one who has to live with them, so if you like them, fine. To me, the above is a piece of spinach with a face.

As for not liking traditional tattoos, I can't help you there. I love them, and when well done, they are much more appealing as a rule than either of the two you've posted. To each his own. 

17 minutes ago, SStu said:

and appreciation of any specific art work is highly subjective. 

Which is exactly why I was curious about specific critiques - I was curious to see if those who disliked it had issues with the technical execution or the style.  I also find it difficult, if not impossible, to judge any artist on one piece - tattoo or otherwise.    Everyone has an off day now and then, and on the flip side anyone can strike gold occasionally. 

Just now, oboogie said:

You like what you like. I think both of those are hideous and awful, and I would never want them, but you are the one who has to live with them, so if you like them, fine. To me, the above is a piece of spinach with a face.

As for not liking traditional tattoos, I can't help you there. I love them, and when well done, they are much more appealing as a rule than either of the two you've posted. To each his own. 

LOL - he is indeed, essentially, a piece of spinach with a face - that's what a green man is :).