Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I have a question about inks safetality. Let me start with stating that i do not like or want to use any plastic based inks anymore ( Intenze, Moms "Millennium", Starbrite, skin candy, etc. like here: ). I have used all of those and can definitely attest to the quality that they have. Also for what it matters, I am not an absolute beginner I have been tattooing professionally for almost 5 years now and my problem is not getting colors to go in. I am more so interested in making a lasting piece of art that will be safe for my clientele. Thank you all for any enlightening input that you might have.
Thanks in advance

Jon

Edited by Derrils

@Derrils maybe start a new thread, since i don't think you'll get answers in this one 🙂

Hey guys, thanks for the appreciations from a few pages ago!

Here's another fresh pic of it, done by the artist.
It's one month old now and it healed great, i'll take a new picture when i find the right lighting.

Now the spots that are left on both of my arms is the inner bicep. I'm scared 🙂

MyTattoo9=X.jpg

@Derrils maybe start a new thread, since i don't think you'll get answers in this one

Actually, I don't think you'll get one on this forum.

........Now the spots that are left on both of my arms is the inner bicep. I'm scared .........

And well you should be. That's the only area that gave me real pain. But, you'll do it and make it through.

And it will be worth it.

November 28 -- 2nd sleeve begins.

Once again, we returned to the studios of world traveling artist Scott Ellis. He's spent most of the last six months hopscotching Europe. I was happy to know ahead of time that he'd be back in Austin Texas for a few week -- plenty of time to start sleeve #2. 

Scott suggested we try a Phoenix for this sleeve. Seemed to fit well with the dragon. Here is his notebook prior to my arriving:

i-68KzzCM-XL.jpg

As before, Scott creates the design in freehand. Took him about 3.25 hours. And as before, he was ever the perfectionist -- at one point an hour in wiping off my arm and starting again because he felt the bird's head was an inch off from where he wanted it. 

i-2C5HQjB-XL.jpg

i-JzdrrDS-XL.jpg

i-4MDx7Wg-XL.jpg

As we progress, Scott goes through about four layers, increasing the detail with ever more fine brushes along the way.

i-6V2nRR4-XL.jpg

i-KTwNrJP-XL.jpg

i-VsD6tbm-X3.jpg

Below are layer #3 and #4:

i-JWfbC2t-X3.jpg

i-tmNVZCH-X3.jpg

Taken in mirror:

i-JKvP7VT-XL.jpg

And at least, we ink! 2.5 hours of linework. 

i-6Rpgj6B-XL.jpg

Unfortunately, Scott is back off to Europe... so no shading stage until April. That's okay, it is worth the wait to be worked on by a master.