nugatory

lapsed

expired

out of date

terminated

discontinued

unrenewed

14 minutes ago, aant said:

I’ll repost it, feel kinda conflicted cause I posted that the dude literally posted every other tattoo I’m sure he’s done except mine, makes me feel like he’s not proud of it tbh 

And then I asked him about it and he F***ing left me on read on Insta

i don’t have an even remotely large social media presence and I don’t get tattooed for insta likes but it’s just lame as shit to do that 

Like if it’s a bad photo bro just tell me or something It’s not the end of the world but leaving me on read is lame ass shit

Part of the tattooing experience for me is having an enjoyable time and talking to the artist and don’t get me wrong I like the piece but it just kind of taints the experience somewhat, wanted to get more work from the dude but now he’s not going to get my business again

artist is @benoztattoos

I mean if you like the art, I wouldn't worry about anything else. I had read some reviews of the owner being anti-military and other bad experiences with their attitude towards people. I did ALOT of comparing and 4-5 consults in the area before I got my first tattoo this month. I can definitely say which ones I would go to and which I wouldn't. The place I did go to I would absolutely go to again and highly recommend: https://www.instagram.com/doublediamondink/ Had a great experience and I love the work. 

I’ll repost it, feel kinda conflicted cause I posted that the dude literally posted every other tattoo I’m sure he’s done except mine, makes me feel like he’s not proud of it tbh 
And then I asked him about it and he F***ing left me on read on Insta
i don’t have an even remotely large social media presence and I don’t get tattooed for insta likes but it’s just lame as shit to do that 
Like if it’s a bad photo bro just tell me or something It’s not the end of the world but leaving me on read is lame ass shit
Part of the tattooing experience for me is having an enjoyable time and talking to the artist and don’t get me wrong I like the piece but it just kind of taints the experience somewhat, wanted to get more work from the dude but now he’s not going to get my business again

artist is @benoztattoos...

It’s his Instagram..... He can post or not post whatever he wants and he doesn’t need to justify or explain it to you. If you like it then leave it alone and enjoy it. What’s lame is pestering someone the way you are over something so trivial... At this point, you not giving him anymore business is probably a favor to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, mfrank29 said:

Just got my first tattoo last Thursday! I am beyond thrilled with the art. The artist just nailed it. It's everything I asked for and beyond. I love how the flag stripes are blended into the Constitution and becomes part of the aging of the document. I love the stitching and embroidering on the flag, and how even the tiny text that you can't read still looks like real text. The feather quill and inkwell are awesome! This was done in one session and these pictures are taken right after and the day after. Pain really wasn't bad at all. Obviously some areas are worse than others, but I could have sat longer if I needed to. 

I am using DermShield, first piece on for 24 hours, then swapped for a fresh piece for 3 days. That comes off today, and man I can't wait to get this off and put some moisturizer on it! It's pretty tight, red, and itchy, more around the tattoo than on it but I have dry sensitive skin and winter doesn't help. I have not showered in the 3 days since I put on the second dermshield, because it's several pieces and I just don't think it would last otherwise.  As soon as I get home from work I am running for the showering and peeling the dermshield off! Hoping for smooth sailing from here. 

Already planning ideas for the other side of this arm to go with this theme. Definitely using the same artist. 

I'm trying to decide if that last half star (circled in red) would look better with a bit of shading to it so it matches the others more, or better looking like its fading out to the skin as that was the artists concept. Probably won't be able to decide until this is healed and the skin is no longer red. What do you guys think...have that shaded a bit or leave it so it looks more out of focus/fading out?

Hope you all like it!

IMG_5890.jpeg

IMG_4856.jpeg

IMG_4857.jpeg

This piece is awesome! How long did you sit for? 

17 minutes ago, aant said:

This piece is awesome! How long did you sit for? 

Thanks! I’m extremely happy with it.

Session was 11 to around 5. With breaks every so often. Really wasn’t bad and I would have sat longer if needed

It’s healing nicely just a day over a week. Used Saniderm and had no scabbing. It’s pretty flakey now but nothing is raised or bumpy. Just dry old skin flaking off. 

My first tattoo was super fun, if not perfect. Both the tattoo artist and I missed a spot at the top left hand corner of the tattoo (the stencil didn't transfer fully), and I'm not sure it's entirely symmetrical or on straight, but I'm neither symmetrical nor straight so I guess it works.

This is it fresh:
23u9Uzc.jpg

And 48h after!

1ZZcmvK.jpg

On 1/6/2020 at 9:44 AM, VeryHungryCaterpillar said:

My first tattoo was super fun, if not perfect. Both the tattoo artist and I missed a spot at the top left hand corner of the tattoo (the stencil didn't transfer fully), and I'm not sure it's entirely symmetrical or on straight, but I'm neither symmetrical nor straight so I guess it works.

This is it fresh:
23u9Uzc.jpg

And 48h after!

1ZZcmvK.jpg

This was your first tattoo? A head tat? Fn GNARLY dude go big or go home lol I wouldn't let the fact its not perfectly symmetrical bother you, still looks good.  Majority of tats aren't perfect.

12 hours ago, Loveitwhentheyrun said:

This was your first tattoo? A head tat? Fn GNARLY dude go big or go home lol

Thank you for the kind words and advice! Yeah I figured that I really wanted an undercut tat (a good combination of easily hidden and also not in an nsfw spot) and only a day before started thinking that...maybe scalp tattoos are hard. And thank you! I might add to it anyway if I get bored of it in a few years. (Or shave more hair. Free canvas!)

On 1/8/2020 at 1:10 PM, Loveitwhentheyrun said:

This was your first tattoo? A head tat? Fn GNARLY dude go big or go home lol I wouldn't let the fact its not perfectly symmetrical bother you, still looks good.  Majority of tats aren't perfect.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:44 AM, VeryHungryCaterpillar said:

This is it fresh:
23u9Uzc.jpg

And 48h after!

1ZZcmvK.jpg

Looks good! I see a different design every time I look at it.