Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

2 minutes ago, s_y said:

Yes, shading and color coming, planning to get this finished by summer, if the sh*tstorm we are in allows. But we'll see, things are not looking very bright now.

@s_y I know what you mean about the restrictions; but on the subject of simple black line work, it can be very effective on its own, and indeed there is classic simplicity about it also, and is often used for tribal patterns and text designs, with quotes, ref.s from the Bible, etc.

So I was wondering if in fact "as is" was what you were aiming at...

Of course, shading and color does transform the design, naturally.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, Anxioussoup said:

Just thought I’d share some progress on my turkey vulture back piece. Around 12 hours in and it’s coming together! This piece has really tested me mentally and physically. I just got out of Covid quarantine and my body was not at all prepared to handle a tattoo. This last 4.5 hour session was brutal. I feel like such a little baby but this back piece has been deeply painful! I love being tattooed but getting them... do not enjoy 

61582937-49C8-4494-9AC8-78903F19ECC6.jpeg

Have you had anymore sessions? Been following your progress and can’t wait to see it finished! 

I haven't been active on the forum for a while, but told myself this will be a proper come back, hope you guys like it!

https://youtu.be/ZcBTYoz1E58
Time Lapse video of a full color back piece by Dasha Chehamova I got done over 9 full days in just 18 days total (4 days in a row, 9 days break and another 5 days in a row).
Will appreciate your guys thoughts about it!

Screenshot_20210130-181331_Video Player.jpg

Chris Ademek had a cancellation and I was able to get in with him just 2 weeks after emailing him which I was super stoked on. Unfortunately this snow storm rolled in and I had a 75 mile drive home so we didn’t get to finish the piece. It’s a portrait of my grandmothers wedding photo from the 50s. She passed away last year and oddly enough the cancellation happened to be her birthday. I’ll wait to post a progress pic when my skin isn’t so angry. But here is the reference 

51434098-EF83-4500-949B-66BB7A1ECF46.jpeg

17 hours ago, FXRrich said:

Chris Ademek had a cancellation and I was able to get in with him just 2 weeks after emailing him which I was super stoked on. Unfortunately this snow storm rolled in and I had a 75 mile drive home so we didn’t get to finish the piece. It’s a portrait of my grandmothers wedding photo from the 50s. She passed away last year and oddly enough the cancellation happened to be her birthday. I’ll wait to post a progress pic when my skin isn’t so angry. But here is the reference 

51434098-EF83-4500-949B-66BB7A1ECF46.jpeg

That's wild!

How beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the tattoo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 more hours down, 16 so far. The yellow stained lots of the black and will mellow out once it peels/heals. The wings are mostly black/brown. Here's how my sessions go

Hour 1: this isn't as bad as I remembered it 

Hour 2: uh oh, this is worse than I remembered

Hour 3: Ok maybe we should stop this looks fine unfinished 

Hour 4: I am dying and need to stop immediately (said in my head every minute until he tells me we're done) 

IMG_3271.jpg

18 hours ago, Anxioussoup said:

4 more hours down, 16 so far. The yellow stained lots of the black and will mellow out once it peels/heals. The wings are mostly black/brown. Here's how my sessions go

Hour 1: this isn't as bad as I remembered it 

Hour 2: uh oh, this is worse than I remembered

Hour 3: Ok maybe we should stop this looks fine unfinished 

Hour 4: I am dying and need to stop immediately (said in my head every minute until he tells me we're done) 

IMG_3271.jpg

The lower back and love handles are no fun.