Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Is that before the London Convention or at it? And what exactly is a "fortnight"?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It's two weeks from this Sunday, 11th September. It's before the covention, which is on the 23rd, 24th, 25th September.

A fortnight is two weeks.

It's two weeks from this Sunday, 11th September. It's before the covention, which is on the 23rd, 24th, 25th September.

A fortnight is two weeks.

Sounds like fun! I am guessing that Mario is not doing the convention, well I hope so Because I am supposed to get tattooed by him that week (22-26)in Chicago but forget that was the week of London. I guess I should double check.

Got my dates for starting my backpiece - in the last week of September - and a hint of what some of the details of the design are like. Super-exciting.

It's with Ching from East Tattoo in Taiwan. I gave him a fairly loose idea of the type of subject matter I was interested in, and specified that I wanted black and grey and something that was going to make a big visual impact (it was some of the backpieces featuring Buddha heads and Guan Yin figures that originally caught my eye from him).

Got my dates for starting my backpiece - in the last week of September - and a hint of what some of the details of the design are like. Super-exciting.

It's with Ching from East Tattoo in Taiwan. I gave him a fairly loose idea of the type of subject matter I was interested in, and specified that I wanted black and grey and something that was going to make a big visual impact (it was some of the backpieces featuring Buddha heads and Guan Yin figures that originally caught my eye from him).

i bet you're stoked. i'm sure ching is gonna do an awesome job. have you seen the pics east tattoo just uploaded to facebook of the front piece he's currently working on? it looks amazing.

Just got onto Ryan Mason's (exceptionally long) waiting list, he wasn't feeling my idea for a sleeve but the chestpiece is another story, should start working sometime next year. Stoked! Now I gotta find someone closer to home to work on my arm in the meantime.

Anyone got artist recommendations in the fine state of Colorado? There's a few I've had my eyes on who's style would work well for what I'm looking to do with my arm but if you know anyone I should check out I'd appreciate it.

i bet you're stoked. i'm sure ching is gonna do an awesome job. have you seen the pics east tattoo just uploaded to facebook of the front piece he's currently working on? it looks amazing.

Yeah, I know the piece you're talking about - it's a blue-skinned face with red hair... I was trying to figure out who or what it is a representation of (I think I read it somewhere when i was doing research for my own backpiece).

They put out some amazing stuff. There's a few shots up of a black and grey Fudo Myo backpiece that Yang appears to be doing on another European which looks amazing too (but not finished yet).

I'm depending on Ching keeping up his crippling convention schedule and guest appearances in the west in order to get this backpiece finished in reasonable time... :P

GREETINGS FROM JAPAN LST!!!!!!

I had my first session yesterday at Cat Claw in Kyoto (pics later) 6 hours of fun, which is now my longest session (not including breaks). 2 and a half hours on outline... and then 3 and a HALF hours of hell shading underneath my upper arm. i wanted to tapout so badly, but refused ;)

I am now going back for second session. only about 3 or 4 hours today, Horinao has a gig tonight

I shall provide a better update later

Okie dokie

Well second session was just under 4 hours and finished the back ground on my upper arm. Next time I come back (asap I hope) we shall shade my koi and do the background on my forearm around my Hennya and then finished. Today sucked! lol. I mean the work is amazing but this was my first back to back session and I really had no idea what I was getting myself in for haha. So anyone who willingly does them reguarly or for another example, some of Trevor McStays clients where he will do their backpiece over a week period - I salute you!

all right, I am going to get beer and pass out lol

Cheers Hogg!! All the crew there are super nice, extremely welcoming and patient with my bad Japanese. But we got there ;) lol

Well I just got home after about 17 hours of straight travel. (It was only a nine hour flight but I had to go see my Mum and that isnt close!) So now ready for some sleep.

I'll post pics once I get some for sure (I forgot to mention there is a decent cover up going on so some parts may need a little touch up when I return, but I am amazed in how its turning out) Actually there might be some photos on their blog so I will check ;)

I'd go for the rib, you already have what I like to call a, "Fuck you, in your face!!!" tattoo.

For clarification, I define a Fuck you, in your face!!! tattoo as any tattoo that is visible while wearing shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt.

Anyone that sports this gets my respect, I fucking love it, nonconformist!!!