Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I had the honor of getting a Peony tattooed by @Stewart Robson last night at SFO. What a great guy (and obviously world class artist)...awesome time talking with him. Amazing experience sitting there being tattooed while artist after artist came up to greet Stewart/Valerie and check out what they were doing. I was being tattooed by Stewart right next to Valerie tattooing a girl while watching Mike Rubendall and Henning Jorgensen tattoo about 10 feet away. Insane!

If Stewart doesn't put something up, I'll try to get a good picture when it heals.

About my tattoo experiences with Nick Colella (got two pieces of Dietzel flash) and Ron Henry Wells (snake and rose) this weekend, I would have to say that it was much like OaktownFunk's. Being a part of the convention and seeing all those tattooers and good people visiting the booths while getting tattooed was awesome. I'd say it was a great first time at the SFO convention, but I wish I would have stayed longer. Also, It was very rewarding, finally getting a Wells tattoo; I've wanted one since I first saw his work a few years ago.

Thanks for the amazing tattoos, fellas.

@ian, do you happen to have a mum on your left elbow? If so, I think I talked to you while you got tattooed by Hooper today. If not, then, you know...mums on the elbow are rad.

I have one below my elbow, near the bottom of my 3/4 sleeve. I got tattooed by Thomas on Friday though, at the opening of the show.

I did get tattooed by Jondix mid day on Saturday though. What a rad dude he is!

If you were there on Friday I actually thought I saw you, I noticed what I thought was that little Grillo spider on your arm but by the time it registered the chance had passed. The guy I saw had a bread and no hand or neck tattoos :D :D

I'll go through my pix in a bit and hopefully post what I have tomorrow...

I just booked my flights, and I'm heading back to Kyoto in December for 2 days of fun with the Cat Claw crew to finish off my sleeve :D

I might do what @Iwar did and make a blog this time round... either way I'll be sure to share once finished

Dude, you have to blog the shit out of that trip!! It should be mandatory for all LST members to blog about their tattoo travels :)

It should be mandatory for all LST members to blog about their tattoo travels :)

@Iwar it shall be done my friend ;)

And from now on, any LST members who don't blog their tattoo travels possibly faces the all mighty ban hammer of doom. (not sure where @hogg is right now, but I do know he just got a warm fuzzy feeling, he's not exactly sure what it was from, but he does know it has something to do with possibly flexing his ban hammer muscle ;))

Matt Arriola's Photos | Facebook

7:30pm until 3:30am with about 30 minutes of breaks total. One more session and we should be finished.

Whoa! That has progressed so much since I saw it last. It looks incredible! Matt's work is so dynamic and electric. I'd say that you were lucky to have that, but I know better. You're just smart enough to get great tattoos from talented artists.