Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Cheers guys! I'm pretty friggin happy with it considering what Horinao had to cover up (I didn't think it would be covered so well). i'll post pics etc once I go through everything and do some sorting. What you can't see in that photo is my elbow probably looking like a baseball. Up until Saturday I thought that the elbow didn't hurt it just felt wrong. I now whole heartily retract that statement haha. @Iwar - the blogs for you my good man ;) I believe your words where something along the lines of "you better blog the shit out of it". It shall be done.

(that and this way hopefully you won't e-kick my ass for having the "desperate housewives" quote in my sig for a few days ;) lol)

I'm not sure if it's the done thing to post in this thread without an attached image, but fuck it I'm going too anyway because I can't find a more suitable thread. I got my first ever tattoo yesterday!

It is the first part of a full, left-arm sleeve by Valerie Vargas and of course it is amazing. In general I did not find the pain too bad, although the forearm is probably low down on the list of painful places to get tattooed. But I also put it down to a childhood of almost constant summer sunburn, and the artist' deft hand. Also, I was distracted by the workings of the shop, and Dante's entertaining patter. The flush of endorphins in response to the pain was bizarre, and left me feeling pretty stoned. That started wearing off just at the point where Valerie decided to stop - mercifully.

A three-hour train journey back to Wales involved me avoiding getting smashed into, and then it was home to wash the tattoo. What I wasn't prepared for was the fucking plasma dripping off my arm. I have seen my wife's tattoos fresh after being done but that was nothing compared to the snot my arm was exuding. It was Bill Murray in Ghostbusters levels of slime. I have to admit to being fascinated by how the body reacts to the trauma of tattooing.

A day later and it is like a mild sunburn and looks fucking great. If Valerie is cool with it, I will put some images up after the next session.

I'm not sure if it's the done thing to post in this thread without an attached image, but fuck it I'm going too anyway because I can't find a more suitable thread. I got my first ever tattoo yesterday!

It is the first part of a full, left-arm sleeve by Valerie Vargas and of course it is amazing. In general I did not find the pain too bad, although the forearm is probably low down on the list of painful places to get tattooed. But I also put it down to a childhood of almost constant summer sunburn, and the artist' deft hand. Also, I was distracted by the workings of the shop, and Dante's entertaining patter. The flush of endorphins in response to the pain was bizarre, and left me feeling pretty stoned. That started wearing off just at the point where Valerie decided to stop - mercifully.

A three-hour train journey back to Wales involved me avoiding getting smashed into, and then it was home to wash the tattoo. What I wasn't prepared for was the fucking plasma dripping off my arm. I have seen my wife's tattoos fresh after being done but that was nothing compared to the snot my arm was exuding. It was Bill Murray in Ghostbusters levels of slime. I have to admit to being fascinated by how the body reacts to the trauma of tattooing.

A day later and it is like a mild sunburn and looks fucking great. If Valerie is cool with it, I will put some images up after the next session.

you lucky dog! I bet that's gonna look killer

next session?? call her immediatly and post from ASAP !!!!

I Keed I keed but would like to see, your lucky to have valerie be your first poke

Thanks guys - a combination of intense research (this is where my diagnosed OCD becomes a positive) and really useful advice led me to being in a very priveleged position of having Valerie do my first tattoo. My aim was always to get my right-arm sleeve done my Thomas Hooper but that may change due to how much I know I will love this left-arm sleeve. I pretty much gave Valerie some ideas, plus notes on the many tattoos she has done that I love, and that was that. I would go in tomorrow to get this finished if I could, but the next session is not until February.