Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Discovered a great little studio called Wood Street Tattoo in my home town, Swindon, of all places.

Got this skull as a walk in from a super nice guy, Kris Manyana. I think he did a really nice job.

SkullTattoo.jpg

franz stefanik is gonna be there april 28- may 1st at wood. you should try to get something from him!

tumblr_lzjzanNob01qf1a60o1_500.png

tumblr_lzru5uDIqG1qf1a60o1_500.png

GREAT experience getting tattooed by Jaie Devore at Perfection yesterday. I surrounded by so many cool pieces of art and history- having an original dragon from Ed Hardy's Dragon scroll project stare down at me while I was getting tattooed, not to mention all the other various pieces of art from various heavy hitters was something else. I also had the immense pleasure of talking to Bob Moreau for most of the tattoo as well, sharing stories about the old days, books, traveling, etc. Well worth the price of admission.

Jaie knocked the concept out of the park:

GREAT experience getting tattooed by Jaie Devore at Perfection yesterday. I surrounded by so many cool pieces of art and history- having an original dragon from Ed Hardy's Dragon scroll project stare down at me while I was getting tattooed, not to mention all the other various pieces of art from various heavy hitters was something else. I also had the immense pleasure of talking to Bob Moreau for most of the tattoo as well, sharing stories about the old days, books, traveling, etc. Well worth the price of admission.

Jaie knocked the concept out of the park:

oh awesome. jaie is so badass, super nice dude too.

i got tattoo'd by him friday, bob is a trip, he was sharpening a straight razor and a few pocket knives towards the end of my tattoo, saw him shave his arm with the knife under the light and it looked like hair was just exploding off his arm.

takes a while to notice all the awesome art in there, all that bob roberts flash, you notice the huge ed hardy panther up above you with the red background?

definitely my favorite place to get tattoo'd so far.

@hogg : It's a version of the Ace of Cups card. It represents spiritual/emotional/mental receptivity and fulfillment

@cookietruck I was tripping on that panther and also the huge temple Agyo guardian with the flames in the other room. Not to mention the old Scott Sylvia straight edge flash up there on the ceiling, too = )

I got tattoed today (rib panel) and I feel like shit because I tapped out on him when he was obviously into the piece and wanted to do more. Honest, its my first time I ever tapped out on anyone. :eek: And to add insult to injury, it was the shortest session Ive ever had. I feel like a three pump chump. But damn, it was brutal! From the first line I was saying to myself "what the hell were you thinking!"

What we got done looks awesome though!

I got tattoed today (rib panel) and I feel like shit because I tapped out on him when he was obviously into the piece and wanted to do more. Honest, its my first time I ever tapped out on anyone. :eek: And to add insult to injury, it was the shortest session Ive ever had. I feel like a three pump chump. But damn, it was brutal! From the first line I was saying to myself "what the hell were you thinking!"

I can't imagine how the ribs feel. Back in 90 or 91 I was getting my first Tattoo at Divinci in Wantaugh, NY. In the room next to me Frank Romano was working on a large demon on the side of this guy. All I heard was the guy screaming and the buzz of the needle. Frank kept telling him to relax, after 5 minutes the dude passed out!!! Every since then I have feared getting the rib area done.....

HA! This is exactly what happened to me last month.. got the outline done and I shot up and said, "I'm done!" We got the black in a few weeks ago, so hopefully not too much longer. But yeah dude, fuck if that wasn't the worst one so far. And I felt like a total jackass, all "havin' tattoos" and not being able to take that shit.. goddamn.

I saw a guy get a buddha head with flowers on his side from Hua (East Tattoo) late last year. It had to be a one-day job because of the way they were booked up and guesting, so the guy sat for 6-7 hours. He was pretty solid for the first 5 hours but for the last two he was shaking like he had withdrawals, moaning and generally suffering.

He made it, but it looked like agony.

I've only had a bit of outline from my back stretch stretch towards my ribs and my sense is that I will get them done ... But I'm going to limit my sittings to half-days - I'd rather tackle it in bits and pieces.

@hgiles who made you tap?

Chad Koeplinger. He was cool about it and actually got a nice, clean, accurate outline despite my writhing in pain the whole time!

Good thing he tattoos very fast, otherwise itd take me ten sittings to finish! Everyone in that shop tattoos fast. They were knocking out tattoos faster than episodes of Miami Ink. ;)