Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

My last work was done in four sessions, the shortest one was five hours, and the longest was six and a half.

Ouch.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that armpits hurt like a mofo.

HA! This is exactly what happened to me last month.. got the outline done and I shot up and said, "I'm done!" We got the black in a few weeks ago, so hopefully not too much longer. But yeah dude, fuck if that wasn't the worst one so far. And I felt like a total jackass, all "havin' tattoos" and not being able to take that shit.. goddamn.

A thousand times yes. When I was getting those tigers on my ribs, I left the station soaked in sweat. That was far and away the worst I've experienced yet. Thankfully, Tim Lehi is super fast (and broke it up over 4 sessions). My longest rib session was 2.5 hours, but they were the longest 2.5 hours of my life.

I spent a few hours at Frith St on Friday as Valerie did some more work on my sleeve. It was a really good session and it was fascinating seeing the tattoo building up and some of the gaps being filled. I don't really want to put images up whilst Valerie is choosing to hold off from uploading custom work to the net - I will let her decide if she wants to post watermarked images when the sleeve is completed. However, I don't think she will mind me posting a small detail of a skull. She did this 'free-hand', no stencil or tracing or even an image - just some sharpie lines from memory and then she just tattooed it on. Unfuckingbelievable. By the way the attached image is about the same size of the actual tattoo itself - the detail is incredible.

I call him Pablo. He's my new amigo.

6804168564_b8ea73b1fe_m.jpg

@dirbab - really nice, lately I've been digging trad style daggers....

Some re-jigging of my get-tattooed schedule for the rest of the year. I know I am going to be in Japan in November and had been dithering about who to get tattooed by (or whether to get tattooed at all) - too many amazing artists to choose from, really. I ended up opting to try and synch it with my GF's sessions in Yellow Blaze, so I rang the shop yesterday morning and ended up having a chat with Shige. Long story short, I'm going to have a consultation with Tomo and squeeze in something ;).