Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

@dirbab - very, very nice!

I just got this from [MENTION=2486]lukemuller[/MENTION] at True Love Tattoo (Brisbane) maybe an hour or so ago. No idea how long it took, but it couldn't have been any longer than 2 hours? (no time limit etc so we just cruised) I got it for the most amazing, awesome and wonderful woman I know ;)

P3230900.jpg

I apologise for the bad photo, but my camera just didn't want to do as it was asked lol. I'll get a better one from Luke asap

@dirbab - very, very nice!

I just got this from [MENTION=2486]lukemuller[/MENTION] at True Love Tattoo (Brisbane) maybe an hour or so ago. No idea how long it took, but it couldn't have been any longer than 2 hours? (no time limit etc so we just cruised) I got it for the most amazing, awesome and wonderful woman I know ;)

P3230900.jpg

I apologise for the bad photo, but my camera just didn't want to do as it was asked lol. I'll get a better one from Luke asap

Great piece, awesome way to pay tribute to your Mother!!!!

Cheers @Reyeslv !! Mum's been pretty sick lately so thought it might be nice to get something for her. And Luke did a damn fine job ;) I couldn't have asked for anything better

I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope she gets better! I am doing a Mom piece myself at the end of April, I lost her in January. Nothing better than the Moms!!!!!

I just got home from our little trip to LA, and I brought a friend:

2hrl4k3.jpg

I went to Bob Roberts and asked him for one of his tiger heads. He saw the spot I had open and furrowed his brow. "That's gonna be tough." He tried to sketch something on, but I could tell he was kinda flustered, so I said, "Ya know, I also really like your spiders." He lit up and said, "Now you're talkin'!" He drew it on and knocked it out in half an hour. All in all, it was a great, great experience. He and I chatted about music and, of course, tattoos. He asked to see my back, then said, "I got a snake on my back, too." He then proceeded to melt my face off by showing me his Ed Hardy backpiece, as well as his Horiyoshi III torso pieces. Coolest fucking dude ever, and I am beyond stoked on my black widow.

I just got home from our little trip to LA, and I brought a friend:

2hrl4k3.jpg

I went to Bob Roberts and asked him for one of his tiger heads. He saw the spot I had open and furrowed his brow. "That's gonna be tough." He tried to sketch something on, but I could tell he was kinda flustered, so I said, "Ya know, I also really like your spiders." He lit up and said, "Now you're talkin'!"

@hogg- Bulletproof mate, i'm still staring and savouring ever word.

@hogg

goddammit =( i wish my appointment didnt fall through. ugh

Yeah, I'm really sorry that it didn't work out for you, but I have to say, I'm jealous of what you DID get from Bryan, so I don't feel too bad for you! BTW, I stopped by Dark Horse after my Spotlight session. What a gorgeous shop that is.

i've been lurking this thread for a while, so i figure it'd only be right to join in the fun. i saw a few recent posts about Matt Arriola being back at Liberty in Seattle for a guest spot, so i got a little somethin. i asked him for a tradtional-ish 13 with a cat, but wanted a japanese lucky cat (maneki neko) instead. the attached pic is what he came up with.

now, i'm a bit of a tattoo addict and enthusiast (i'm on this forum, aren't i?). it occurred to me that this design was a little familiar... and it hit me! i went back and checked where i thought the reference might be and there it was. in all honesty, at first i felt a little duped, but then i realized that's a lot of what tattooing is and i have no reason to be upset. i dug the design when he showed it to me and i still dig it now... it's almost cooler knowing where it originated.

i also just saw a quote on thomas hooper's blog, that sums up the point well...

“The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” - Albert Einstein

thanks for the tip, Al!

btw, this DEFINITELY means no offense to Matt... he's obviously a creative and cool ass dude. in hindsight, me asking for that design was already a start to breach his potential all out creativity. another lesson learned... and a tattoo to remember it by!

i've been lurking this thread for a while, so i figure it'd only be right to join in the fun. i saw a few recent posts about Matt Arriola being back at Liberty in Seattle for a guest spot, so i got a little somethin. i asked him for a tradtional-ish 13 with a cat, but wanted a japanese lucky cat (maneki neko) instead. the attached pic is what he came up with.

now, i'm a bit of a tattoo addict and enthusiast (i'm on this forum, aren't i?). it occurred to me that this design was a little familiar... and it hit me! i went back and checked where i thought the reference might be and there it was. in all honesty, at first i felt a little duped, but then i realized that's a lot of what tattooing is and i have no reason to be upset. i dug the design when he showed it to me and i still dig it now... it's almost cooler knowing where it originated.

i also just saw a quote on thomas hooper's blog, that sums up the point well...

“The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” - Albert Einstein

thanks for the tip, Al!

btw, this DEFINITELY means no offense to Matt... he's obviously a creative and cool ass dude. in hindsight, me asking for that design was already a start to breach his potential all out creativity. another lesson learned... and a tattoo to remember it by!

Malone reference is the best reference.