Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

How long did you sit for? I can't imagine what that feels like....

From start to finish it was about two and a half to three hours!

I had a couple breaks...but not very long so most of that time was spent

drilling on my head! I was determined I was not going to tap out!!!

I can tell you this......it hurts....at least for me it did! ;)

Shishi is the Chinese version, Komainu is the Japanese version.. Okinawa even has their on version, first time I've heard of it called a Snow dog though :) Pretty wicked looking!

Actually...."Snow Lion"....Wikipedia is the first place i went to look when Dave called and said he wanted to do this instead of a dragon!

"From 1909 until 1959 a single snow lion or a pair of these mythological animals were used as national emblem of Tibet on the coins, poststamps, banknotes and the national flag of Tibet"

I really loved the drawing but I am really actually loving the tattoo the more I read about what it all signifies!

Actually...."Snow Lion"....Wikipedia is the first place i went to look when Dave called and said he wanted to do this instead of a dragon!

"From 1909 until 1959 a single snow lion or a pair of these mythological animals were used as national emblem of Tibet on the coins, poststamps, banknotes and the national flag of Tibet"

I really loved the drawing but I am really actually loving the tattoo the more I read about what it all signifies!

....er Lion, haha my bad, I thought lion apparently typed dog

Awesome snow lion. Definitely on my list. Its one of the four dignities (along with dragon, tiger and garuda). The 4 aspects of a Bodhisattva. Snow lion is unconditional cheerfulness, a mind free of doubt. Powerful symbol. Love it.

thanks for the info!

I finally just googled it and found some of that on the wikipedia definition!

I love it...and it is healing really well.....I wasn't quite sure how well or fast it would heal but it is doing great!

the lady and her friend were in the shop getting tattoos

so i had to go up there and say hi...and just like i hoped one of the other tattooers wasn't busy

it's awesome getting something from a tattooer that's been doing it since before many of us were even born

also awesome that he's perfectly happy tattooing it just like it is on the sheet, and he'll take his time even though it's just a little piece of flash

ba75fb52796611e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

the lady and her friend were in the shop getting tattoos

so i had to go up there and say hi...and just like i hoped one of the other tattooers wasn't busy

it's awesome getting something from a tattooer that's been doing it since before many of us were even born

also awesome that he's perfectly happy tattooing it just like it is on the sheet, and he'll take his time even though it's just a little piece of flash

ba75fb52796611e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

who did this? i think i missed it somewhere in the thread. this thing is perfect!