Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

cant wait to see, I may be sitting right next to you, Valerie is doing a couple on me so excited

That's awesome!!! She's on my bucket list. I was able to chat with her for a bit while Stewart set up. She's a great lady. You'll be please with whatever you get.

cant wait to see, I may be sitting right next to you, Valerie is doing a couple on me so excited

That's awesome! She tattooed me at that convention last year and it was a fantastic experience. She was really nice and it's a great tattoo. I'd love to get another one by her this year, but after the two tattoos in New York I promised myself that I would slow down and only work on finishing my back for the rest of this year. We'll see if I can stick to that...

http://i41.tinypic.com/b7dzcw.jpg

Oliver Peck panther head.

I heard on Thursday that he was in Dublin (in Tommy's Classic Ink) for one day only, and taking walk-ins. Took a half-day's leave from work and... Bob's your uncle...

This morning it's not that swollen, but it does appear to be weeping a fair bit - to do with the location, I guess?

While I was in the shop I met Ross Nagle and Jordan from Frith Street very briefly.

that's super nice. i keep telling my fiancee, who lives in Limerick, that she needs to get tattooed by him, since he seems to be at Ross Nagle's shop every other month. i went to visit her in January... Oliver showed up the day i was leaving.

also, no photo yet, but i got a Sailor Jerry heart on my ankle bone Thursday. solid black instead of red, and the banners reading PURE LOVE instead of MOM and DAD (if i recall)... it was a bit swollen today.

That's awesome! She tattooed me at that convention last year and it was a fantastic experience. She was really nice and it's a great tattoo. I'd love to get another one by her this year, but after the two tattoos in New York I promised myself that I would slow down and only work on finishing my back for the rest of this year. We'll see if I can stick to that...

I am super excited about it, Valerie is kickass and I appreciate her making it super easy to get something booked. I have never been to a convention either and SOG should be great. I expect it to be good times. I may not try to book anything else and just see what I can walk into, think it would be cool if I could get a few tattoos that were not planned. we will see if I can refrain

Slightly late to the party, however my feelings can be summed up with one word - "SWEET JEEBUS". (thats for both Reyes and @Stewart Robson )

@Reyeslv you went the no assistance (i.e drugs) route, do you have any words of wisdom on this? haha.

There were points that were harder than others. During the second session it was getting to the 5 hour mark and Stewart said he had another 2 hours in him... I about shit myself and after another 15 minutes I said I'm not sure I have another 2 hours. We went a little over 6 I think. Again Stewart was great the way he maneuvered around. I made sure to not throw down a bunch of booze the nights before sessions. Had a good meal and drank a whole lot of water the entire time. All in all it was nothing but fun for me. I'm a huge fan of tattooing and being at Saved getting worked on was like a world series for me. They were many distractions and it was enjoyable.

@Reyeslv I found my ribs with stell were easy as long as he was telling stories, there were also distractions as all the other tattooers and patrons came over and peaked and spoke with Richard. Its the spots when he decided to dig in and close himself off from talk that I began to feel on the pain. I am interested to see how I would deal with a long back session

^^^ that is awesome

@CultExciter - pretty much what jayessebee said ;) haha

@Reyeslv - lol this now concerns me even more. I'm normally exactly the same, as in, when possible chatting and being occupied makes things a lot easier... Issue I'm going to have is I'll be in Japan, so unless I can get proficient in the next 6 months (it could happen?... buuuuut probably not) this is probably going to suck. Even then I noticed the guys when they are working are just heads down and power through. Maybe I'll just look into smuggling some types of meds in haha.

I got tattooed last weekend by Chad Koeplinger when he was visiting Frith Street Tattoo. Such an awesome guy and an amazing tattooer, I will be geting more tattoos from him in the future. Apologies in advance for the poor photography skills, the tattoo wraps around a bit because it's really swollen but i'll post a better photo as soon as it's had chance to heal properly!

I got my last tattoo in February by Damon Conklin at Super Genius in Seattle. It took 3.5-4 hours.

_DSC0353-vi.jpg

My daughters got me into Monster High dolls and we all have a favorite. Mine is Ghoulia who is the daughter of zombies.

I found a picture of this amazing Ghoulia doll repaint and I had to have it. I tweaked her a bit to make her more zombie looking. I plan to get their favorites also eventually.

I got tattooed last weekend by Chad Koeplinger when he was visiting Frith Street Tattoo. Such an awesome guy and an amazing tattooer, I will be geting more tattoos from him in the future. Apologies in advance for the poor photography skills, the tattoo wraps around a bit because it's really swollen but i'll post a better photo as soon as it's had chance to heal properly!

Nice get, Nathan! I have a rib panel started with Chad K. And I am scheduled to sit for the other rib panel with Brian Bruno on 4/26.