Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Well worth it if you dig his style. Even if you weren't into the Grime style you would appreciate the skill that makes up his tattoos,he is one of a kind.

BTW is his pair of books worth the $200? I wanted to start buying some good tattoo reads.

I emailed Grime to see if there was any way to fit me in for a small appointment, I'm not looking for any major work done. The reason I wanted to with him is his work is just so crazy and insane looking, but I'm afraid it won't fit with my other tattoos which are all traditional. BTW is his pair of books worth the $200? I wanted to start buying some good tattoo reads.

if you like his Black Claw Facebook page, you can see lots and lots of photo previews of the book. it defintiely looks worth it from that. also, if you've seen his episodes of the Tattoo Age series, they discuss his earlier book a bit, and it's insights into his life. again, it seems worth it from those bits of discussion.

I emailed Grime to see if there was any way to fit me in for a small appointment, I'm not looking for any major work done. The reason I wanted to with him is his work is just so crazy and insane looking, but I'm afraid it won't fit with my other tattoos which are all traditional. BTW is his pair of books worth the $200? I wanted to start buying some good tattoo reads.

The book is worth the money.....and grime is very fast.....he finished the tiger on my hubby's arm in about 3 hours(larger tattoo...covers the top of his forarm and wraps around both sides)....the tiger tattoo is in his book if you want to see it!

I have been tattooed by Scott Sylvia and don't believe what anyone says about him....he's a great guy.....lol....and i highly suggest you get something from him as well as all the other artists listed so far if you can!

Like I said......so many options in that area.....it would probably make my head explode if I had to just choose one person!

So.....my getting tattooed by Topper at Philadelphia Eddie's on Friday evening has now turned into a tattoo road trip of sorts! Instead of riding back down to Baltimore on Friday night we are going to head north to Brooklyn, NY and I am going to try to pick up a tattoo from Mike Perfetto on Saturday.....and if I can maybe something from Steve Delgatto as well if he is going to be around town! Whew.......it will be a nice hat-trick if I can pull it off!

Lango is definitely slept on, but I guarantee that won't last for long.

http://www.theskullandsword.com/langotattoo/

http://www.juxtapoz.com/Tattoo/lango-x-henry-lewis-video

@phickey : Check out Henry Lewis' portfolio, he does a finer, more illustrated style of traditional

The list goes on:

http://idlehandsf.com/home.html

http://www.spidermurphys.com/

Depends on what type of tattoo you were interested in getting. Most of these folks are able to do just about anything, but they do specialize. Are you looking for an American traditional piece? A Japanese style? Something just plain weird? You can run the gamut in San Francisco with some of the best tattooers in the world.

it's worth every penny :D

So are his rates IMO, I can't wait until it's my turn.....

So.....my getting tattooed by Topper at Philadelphia Eddie's on Friday evening has now turned into a tattoo road trip of sorts! Instead of riding back down to Baltimore on Friday night we are going to head north to Brooklyn, NY and I am going to try to pick up a tattoo from Mike Perfetto on Saturday.....and if I can maybe something from Steve Delgatto as well if he is going to be around town! Whew.......it will be a nice hat-trick if I can pull it off!

I don't know if you've been to Mike's before,but he opens at 4pm.Some people get there 2hrs.before just to be first in line.I like to get there before 3:00 so not to wait all night to get tattooed.He's an efficient tattooer,so he get's them done fairly quick.I've never been tattooed by Steve,but was at his place before.His place isn't far from Mike's shop.

Sure, but I can tell you-you're definition of "different and weird" is probably not the same as mine. Weird to me is Dave Lumm, Jeff Rassier, Scott Harrison

I agree with those guys, I especially like Jeffs work. I'm just talking something not run of the mill.

I don't know if you've been to Mike's before,but he opens at 4pm.Some people get there 2hrs.before just to be first in line.I like to get there before 3:00 so not to wait all night to get tattooed.He's an efficient tattooer,so he get's them done fairly quick.I've never been tattooed by Steve,but was at his place before.His place isn't far from Mike's shop.

thanks for the tips....yeah i heard you should get there ahead of time at Mike's shop to get on the list....and to be there when your name is called or you loose your spot....lol!