Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I'm sorry, but some of the pricing being tossed-around sounds like a rip-off to me.

Custom tattooing has been around $100 an hour as long as I can remember, and that's at the high-end shops. Usually ends-up being a bit more if you pick flash off the wall.

I'm no way a cheap-charlie when it comes to tattooing, I have no problem spending good ching for a good thing, but I think some are taking advantage.

I'm sorry, but some of the pricing being tossed-around sounds like a rip-off to me.

Custom tattooing has been around $100 an hour as long as I can remember, and that's at the high-end shops. Usually ends-up being a bit more if you pick flash off the wall.

I'm no way a cheap-charlie when it comes to tattooing, I have no problem spending good ching for a good thing, but I think some are taking advantage.

I think this is the wrong thread for this type of post. Also I think discussing "how much things cost?" is a No No.

good weekend? how about good month?!! stewart robson earlier, right? healin' all over the place!

Yes, that is true!!! The month has been GREAT!!!! The back healed up perfectly and these 2 new ones will be the same. The skull from Mr. Stell was right in the ditch. So I am paying extra attention to it. Still have some good stuff to go, Smith Street in June and Bay area convention in October. After October if I mention the word "Tattoo" my wife will be shooting me.... :eek:

I think this is the wrong thread for this type of post. Also I think discussing "how much things cost?" is a No No.

Well, with alll due respect, I would disagree.

I didn't bring up the issue of price, it was put out there by another poster. I merely stated that I thought the pricing was too high.

As for "how much things cost" being a no-no, why should it be? I've been getting tattooed for 40 years, and I've never, ever heard of anyone being shy about saying what they paid for a piece, or what they charged for a piece. Why should they be-it is what it is.

So...if I've broken a board rule, an admin can delete my post, but no matter, I have been tattooed by some of the best in the business, and it sure enough wasn't for anywhere near $350 an hour. As far as working on days off, I had a well-known artist work on me for half his usual rate on his day off. No premium charges there.