Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

In my opinion, the "misses" aren't so much the overall design or composition or anything like that.. His lines are a little loose for my liking, some of his tattoos turn out pretty clean but others it just looks like he blew through it and didn't take his time. Not talking bad about the guy or his art, just something that I personally wouldn't want tattooed on myself. He did do a pretty crazy torso piece recently that Im quite jealous of though!

Something I've noticed from working with Robert is you can't photograph a Robert Ryan tattoo. It just doesn't work. I'll see tattoos he does at the shop, (like Shawn's for instance or Greg's front torso piece), and in person they'll put you on your ass. but i'll see a photo of it he puts up on instagram on my way home and i'm taken aback by how little of the power can be contained in the picture. His tattoos really have to be seen in person to be appreciated. and like T.D. says "Any Imperfections only add to it's beauty"

Outline done on my rib panel. From Horiyoshi iii book 100 demons. Tattooed by @Stewart Robson at Frith Street today.

I'm really over the moon with it.

2012-06-02224946.jpg

He just had to go below your waistline so that everything you wear will be painful for the next three days, didn't he? Enjoy that. ;)

You've amassed quite the collection, my man. You have excellent taste.

@eisen777 That is a killer tattoo! Congrats!

@jade1955 Wow! I can't wait to see that finished! Nice Job @Stewart Robson

@distortion2 Go to a quality tattooer that you want work from, and have them draw it up. It's generally a faux pas to ask tattooers to draw you something on the internet.

(let's see how many mentions I can make in one post)