Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

My half sleeve, now complete. Tattooed by Crispy Lennox at Black Garden, Drury Lane, London.

I love it.

And the icing on the cake, Crispy gave me a limited edition print of one of his beautiful girls.

glynisarm1pic-2.jpg

My god... I really wish Crispy had stayed in Australia. I just hope he comes back so I can get tattooed by him!

pretty effin upset right now...

got tattooed and more than half the lines are blown out. and not just a little. its bad.

i dont know what happened or what to do... suggestions. i am livid and dont even want to finish it.

got tattooed and more than half the lines are blown out. and not just a little. its bad.

i dont know what happened or what to do... suggestions. i am livid and dont even want to finish it.

Damn, I am really sorry to hear that. I have a tattoo from a well-respected artist with some blown-out lines. Is this outline only for you? If so, and if it's an Americana piece, they may be able to be minimized with shading, but I'm not an artist, so I'm partially talking out of my ass.

However, I've seen a fair amount of outlines that look pretty rough, only to end up looking incredible. Sometimes, it's not about how clean the end result is, but how powerful. I wish you the best of luck!

@embers Try not to get too upset. I have an area on my body (around my neck that has a tendency to blow). The trouble is, and obviously I haven't seen yours, there is a tendency to focus in on the bits of the tattoo that aren't perfect. Give it a while and some of the ink may disipate. Mine did.

Have you had other work by this artist?

@hogg has given some pretty solid advice.

I really hope everythink works out ok for you.

Flying out to NY tomorrow. Appointments for 4 of us at Smith Street on Sunday. I have a question, one of the people getting tattooed is a 20 year old girl. The tattoo she wants is a barcode and the numbers are going to represent the birth dates of her sister and brother. It that a hipster tattoo? Will they do a tattoo like that at SS?