Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

LUCKY. I don't see why they wouldn't, just ask them to put their style to it. It would be cool to see Santoro put his style into it. Any reason for the barcode though? They may suggest something they think would make a better tattoo.

pretty effin upset right now...

got tattooed and more than half the lines are blown out. and not just a little. its bad.

i dont know what happened or what to do... suggestions. i am livid and dont even want to finish it.

I've had this happen once, not hugely blown out but most of the lines went a bit fuzzy. Since I had other work from that artist where the lines were perfect, I was happy to let them fix it up (they made those lines that were blown out a bit thicker, and the rest became unnoticeable when it got shaded). If it's someone you haven't got other work from/don't totally trust, you could look into getting someone else to fix it?

(edit to add)

Another session tomorrow, it's been a while since I've posted in this thread and a fair bit of progress has been made on my arm, will try and get a few photos snapped tomorrow.

@embers...yeah man. it may seem bad in your eyes at the moment, but it might be mendable. Of course, I can't see it.

@Reyeslv, just have her pick something off the wall! they don't draw until you show up to your appointment anyhow.

I tried to tell her there are many options that are way better and that will last the test of time.....

Flying out to NY tomorrow. Appointments for 4 of us at Smith Street on Sunday. I have a question, one of the people getting tattooed is a 20 year old girl. The tattoo she wants is a barcode and the numbers are going to represent the birth dates of her sister and brother. It that a hipster tattoo? Will they do a tattoo like that at SS?

Whoof to that barcode idea. Tell her to just pick something off of the million sheets of flash that adorn the walls there. She'll be infinitely more happy with that than a barcode.

I tried to tell her there are many options that are way better and that will last the test of time.....

try to convince her that all barcode tattoos eventually blur into Black Flag logos, so she should go with something else. mind you, if she's stoked on Black Flag, that may just make it sound like a better idea...

Flying out to NY tomorrow. Appointments for 4 of us at Smith Street on Sunday. I have a question, one of the people getting tattooed is a 20 year old girl. The tattoo she wants is a barcode and the numbers are going to represent the birth dates of her sister and brother. It that a hipster tattoo? Will they do a tattoo like that at SS?

Ugh, a barcode?! Hopefully everyone else getting excited about their awesome tattoos will help change her mind. I've seen people show up with bad ideas and then end up getting something completely different and awesome. Then again some people are just too stuck on their idea of they think they want. This is why i'm glad I waited until I was 22 to start getting tattooed or I would have some stupid shit on my body.

I'm super Jealous! and can't wait to see what you get!

LUCKY. I don't see why they wouldn't, just ask them to put their style to it. It would be cool to see Santoro put his style into it. Any reason for the barcode though? They may suggest something they think would make a better tattoo.

How do you put your style into a bar code? Isn't the idea in theory that it has to be done in a way that you could scan it? Yeah I can't speak for Smith Street, but I think if someone came in to the shop, we would do it, but it would be expensive and not guaranteed to scan and yeah I would do everything I could to talk them out of it. But if that's what she really wants then more power to her.

How do you put your style into a bar code? Isn't the idea in theory that it has to be done in a way that you could scan it? Yeah I can't speak for Smith Street, but I think if someone came in to the shop, we would do it, but it would be expensive and not guaranteed to scan and yeah I would do everything I could to talk them out of it. But if that's what she really wants then more power to her.

I have no idea, but I couldn't see anyone at that shop just doing a normal looking barcode, they'd have to tweak it somehow I would think.

I'm with @phickey: I can't see anyone at Smith Street doing a barcode.

Tell her to get a kewpie with a price tag hanging off of it.

I think two tattoos would be the answer, one for her brother and one for her sister, find some object that reminds her of them and leave enough room for a banner or just write birth date below it if she is set on the ideas of having dates in the tattoo. I know I have heard of tattoos that are more hipster than a barcode with birth dates, but I can't recall when.

so I know I talked a lot of shit about future plans and things that didn't work out before, but I finally set an appointment for my first tattoo! a certain Myke Chambers had a cancellation at a convention just down the road from me, I'm so stoked right now

A very good choice......tell him his Sister say hello!