Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

So, this is a painting by Ralph Johnstone, done for Tatts Thomas way back when they were working on south State Street in Chicago. Nick Colella is putting it on my ribs tomorrow, (without the lettering) that should be fun. I'll post up the finished work as soon as possible.

Just saw this on his FB, looks awesome.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but, damn fucking chest hair growing back in a fresh tattoo sucks balls. Ok, back to regularly scheduled programming now.

ha ha ha......my hubby had some trouble with that recently!

Laying on his side to go to sleep....i kept hearing.....ouch.....ouch.....ouch.....ha ha ha ha!

Hey, everybody. This is my second tattoo -- and my first real post. Here it is after all three sessions with the lovely and talented Kim Saigh at Memoir Tattoo in L.A. Figured I'd wait to finish it off as a half-sleeve after I pay down my credit cards. Curious to know what you guys think I should do other than "trust my artist" (which I do). Some ideas are: rocks and water (which may be kinda boring) or a dragonfly -- but I'm open to anything. What say you?

Hey, everybody. This is my second tattoo -- and my first real post. Here it is after all three sessions with the lovely and talented Kim Saigh at Memoir Tattoo in L.A. Figured I'd wait to finish it off as a half-sleeve after I pay down my credit cards. Curious to know what you guys think I should do other than "trust my artist" (which I do). Some ideas are: rocks and water (which may be kinda boring) or a dragonfly -- but I'm open to anything. What say you?

Rocks and water and dragonflies :) and more of those flowers, they look incredible. Nice piece.

Two in the last week at East River.

...and then one big one from Duke Riley

photo-1.jpg

(a scene from the Thuggee Cult)

I have the Time Life Book with OG image in it:

thaggi1.jpg

I like how he made the guy about to get strangled a British officer

@hgiles i like those spider mums especially the big green/orange one. I would have thought those were chrysanthemums. Learn something new everyday and very cool!

edit quick search teaches me alot cool mums I dont have any japanese work but love the chrysanthemum and peony image.

Just putting this out there for Mr. Sylvia and the other administrators.

I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to interview all of these really talented tattoo artists and machine builders. You often speak in the videos about the level of exposure that tattooing has now. It is far more exposed and open than when you first got into the business. The number of scratchers is a lot higher. That being said for me personally, I believe that exposure to artists of the caliber that you interview is still rather limited. I'm currently a graduate student and won't be free of academia for some years yet. Your work on this site helps bring important aspects of tattooing to me, and I sure as Hell can't travel and see many of these people at this point. Tattooing right now isn't all sunshine and lollipops but you know better than I do that there are good, down to Earth people doing high quality work.

Thank you,

Jack