Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I'm going to be in Chicago in 2 weeks for an entire day, by myself, with nothing to do. The temptation to get tattooed is so strong, but I'm flying to visit my mom the next day then a week later traveling to NC to visit my family/hometown so I'm likely going to want to swim/be outside. What to do, what to do...

I'm going to be in Chicago in 2 weeks for an entire day, by myself, with nothing to do. The temptation to get tattooed is so strong, but I'm flying to visit my mom the next day then a week later traveling to NC to visit my family/hometown so I'm likely going to want to swim/be outside. What to do, what to do...

No contest-get tattooed! You've got at least a week to heal before you hit the ancestral homelands.

What to do?....get that chest eagle you know you want.

Well, I'm just back from Chicago after an overnight flight.

Went to bed for a few hours but feeling pretty wrecked. But probably not as wrecked as the couple who were sitting a row away from me on the plane and were traveling with a 2 year old. This kid must have made a pact with himself at the beginning of the flight, and been like 'dude, this is my first time on the aeroplane, I ain't going to sleep - hell no!'. Which was grand for the first five or six hours but by the end of the flight he was so hysterical with tiredness that he's gone completely apeshit. I think if he were an adult he would have been tied up with seatbelts. He went full on exorcist, getting sick, throwing milk bottles, slapping his mom and flipping a tray of food over his sister. It was awesome in that (1) I wasn't trying to sleep (2) he wasn't my kid (3) he didn't target me with any thrown objects. Seriously though, I felt sorry for his parents- you can see how people get worn down and end up doing something counterproductive out of frustration in that situation.

Anyway, babbling slightly here.

The tattoo-related news is that my right knee is all done by Chris Smith at Deluxe Tattoo. It's trad style, it looks to be healing well and I'll get the obligatory pic up in a couple of days when it's settled down (it was done on Friday).

This is a bit random, but they've got one of the coolest signs hanging outside of any shop I've been in:-

wbqjpd.jpg

I'm going to post up in one of the aftercare threads also, about an aftercare approach based on a product that was new to me- tegaderm. Pretty interesting stuff.

i'm not very nationalistic, but i really want to incorporate an american crest into a tattoo. i feel lame, but i really love that imagine.

I dont think its lame, I have had a serious consideration to have the back of the new penny tattooed on me. I just like it, and it seems like it was designed to be a tattoo.