Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

I really wish you the best in your relationship. I always see these kinds of tattoos turning into horror stories. However, I am cool with labeling women as property.

I keed, I keed!

Dude, I didn't put his name on me. We've been married for years and have 2 kids. I'm pretty sure we have a solid, respectful and appreciative relationship.

Dude, I didn't put his name on me. We've been married for years and have 2 kids. I'm pretty sure we have a solid, respectful and appreciative relationship.

I've only heard the bad luck stigma(if you believe in that sort of thing) attached with getting a name tattooed on you.

I think it's a rad tattoo and shows you're down for your man....

So I had to go back a bit to find the first time you mentioned this (a month ago), so we're looking at healed pics. I agree, blowout-happens in places where there's thin skin and the ink hits capillaries. Pretty sure when the color goes in, it'll minimize that. And it should fade some. Do you have a pic of the whole thing?

Right. What else is going to happen there?

@embers I've had it happen to me a few times, around the top of my shoulders near the neck area. With me being an old git I am more susceptible to blow outs in those area as my old skin is getting a bit thin.

Some of the photos do seem quite close up. I think most of us scrutinise our own tattoos with a fine tooth comb and pick out the tiniest imperfections. The trouble is when we spot little bits that aren't perfect the eye seems to zoom in on those parts (it does with me anyway).

I freaked out a bit when it happened to me the first time but I've accepted that it happens sometimes.

Anyway try not to worry about it too much, over time those bits should fade a bit anyway.

My latest piece, started on 9th May by Mr Matt 'Oddboy' Barrat-Jones of Real Art in Leicester, UK. This is the start of a tokay gecko/rainforest half sleeve, a tribute to my adoration of all things scaley and and graduation present to myself.

P5140632-1.jpg

Can't wait for it to be finished at some point in 2013, in the meantime I have hopes to get tattooed by Crispy Lennox before he returns to Australia :)

Finished up the flaming sperm whale on the back of my leg. Survived the knee ditch without magic soap. Jesus. Christ. We have another session left to fill in some of the cracks between the whale, the shark and the octopus on the lower part of the leg. Sea monster leg sleeve hooray!

By OllieXXX Schell, Lucky Strike Tattoo

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

a7c81f1ad60111e1bbaa22000a1e8b20_7.jpg