Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

So great, @jade1955! How you doin' now?

Pretty good, thanks. Tattoos doing nicely covered by a cotton glove at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

@jade1955

how'd that feel?

It's very intense to say the least and it's every bit as bad as everyone says. I can only describe it as a deep searing, burning sensation.

Jondix, mercifully, works quickly and is such a calming influence.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks awesome, Was the palm pain as bad as its reputation?

It certainly is. I coped by concentrating on my breathing and sort of zoning out. There was an air conditioning fan above me, I think, and I was mentally pushing the pain into the unit. Sounds a bit weird but it works for me.

Made a deposit with Scott Ellis yesterday and the area ( outside thigh panel) was traced. We should be starting 2nd week in November. This is going to be my first big tattoo, and in a weird way, it seems like much more of a commitment to being tattooed than the other smaller tattoos I have. Did any one else feel that way when they got their back/thighs/full chest/ ribs done?

Made a deposit with Scott Ellis yesterday and the area ( outside thigh panel) was traced. We should be starting 2nd week in November. This is going to be my first big tattoo, and in a weird way, it seems like much more of a commitment to being tattooed than the other smaller tattoos I have. Did any one else feel that way when they got their back/thighs/full chest/ ribs done?

Well, it is more of a commitment for you and Scott. Now, there are some beast out there that can sit for hours, I have seen a guy have his chest blasted for hours by Thomas hooper! It really depends on the tattoo. I know when I was getting my outer thigh done by Jason brooks, it was going to be quicker to get finish then Chris Trevino doing the inside of my right arm. With Jason, it didn't feel like a commitment but the more sessions you do, the more it cost, the longer it takes to get it, the tattoo, finished. Anything that you tattoo on yourself is a commitment. A single session tattoo is like having a one night stand. One and done! You dont really spend as much time with the tattooer, like a one nighter, as you do in a multiple sessions tattoo, like you would with a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Is this going to be done at triple crown?

My first and only tattoo so far is a sleeve and connected chest panel that I've been working on this year (6 appointments and counting). I'm going to get a wolf head on my leg when this is finished and I joked with my artist that it will feel funny to walk in and leave with a completed tattoo in one session.

What are you getting?

If all goes to plan I will be getting a battle royal tattooed on my thigh mid next year, I want it to be BIG, the artist in line to do it will be travelling so hopefully I will be lucky enough to get at least 2 appointments hopefully 3.

@Dhopper - yeah, at Triple Crown. I'm getting a jaguar with Mayan ruins & jungle worked inspired by 2012. Execution-wise, it'll be in line with Scott's other big Japanese and cat tattoos. He's been posting stuff on his Instagram that has me excited about next month

I would like to see that! I have not been by triple crown in a couple of years. Maybe you can show me your Steve Byrne tattoo and I will show you my Chris conn tattoo.

Just got a leopard head from Bryan Burk during his guest spot at Black Heart. I couldn't be happier. He's one of my favorite artists and I finally scored a little piece from him.

dude. fuck yeah, feels good to have a burk cat huh? im so happy i moved to long beach i have a couple checks saved and am going to him in a few weeks to get another. i cant believe he charges by the hour still. hes so efficient

dude. fuck yeah, feels good to have a burk cat huh? im so happy i moved to long beach i have a couple checks saved and am going to him in a few weeks to get another. i cant believe he charges by the hour still. hes so efficient

Yeah, man! He really tricked this thing out, too. I'm really stoked that you're gonna get more work from him.

Did any one else feel that way when they got their back/thighs/full chest/ ribs done?

i have a full chest piece (or as it was described by my boss, a backpiece on my chest) started last November, and while it definitely felt like a really huge commitment, it's also the tattoo that's been the easiest for me to adjust to so far. usually, when i catch a view of a new one in the peripheral vision, it's a bit odd, or something seems out of place. for some reason, the biggest one i have yet just seemed like it had always been there.

also, that Burk leopard is super rad!

Just got a leopard head from Bryan Burk during his guest spot at Black Heart. I couldn't be happier. He's one of my favorite artists and I finally scored a little piece from him.

What do you expect from a Texan? Texan on Texan action! I see Bryan in November. Also, Uzi is going to be working there in November! Goodbye money.