Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Thanks very much. Yeah Henning is such an awesome guy and it was indeed his first Hyottoko ever. Really was such a great experience getting tattooed there with Kevin Leblanc tattooing beside Henning and my local tattooer Richard Pinch in the booth too.

It's kind of incredible looking on instagram and seeing all these really great tattoos and then finding out that they're all on people from here. I saw the leopard head on @hogg and the Hyottoko on @robz and thought both were fantastic...looks like @Jade1959 also got a really great girl head from Mary Joy too.

Shit, instagram is almost making this thread irrelevant.

Had the best time at the London Tattoo Convention this weekend @Jade1959 got a couple of great lady head tattoos from Lina Stigson & Mary Joy.

I got tattooed by Deno on the Sunday. It was his last appointment of the convention @6pm. He was running a bit late.

At 5:45 I saw him putting a stencil on a girls lower leg and I thought no way is he going to get that tattoo done and mine before the convention closed at 8pm. At 6:40 he had finished the girls tattoo and I was ushered over.

Deno freehanded the skull on my knee and by 7:30 we were done. Boy is he fast.

Deno banger on kneecap.

2012-09-30192243-1.jpg

Got my little leopard head from Ross Nagle at the London convention on Saturday. Top, top guy and a great tattooer.

Terrible pic of my badly swollen inner elbow - the faded black above the head is from an old tattoo that will more than likely be covered at some point.

1349120327.jpg

Oh and apologies if the picture is huge, think i should have gone for 'medium' rather than 'large'

Got this off Chad Koeplinger at the London convention on friday, I'm proper made up with it!

Any one got any advice on healing inner bicep tattoos though? inside of my bicep is black and blue now it hurts like a bitch :D

2806D14A-324D-413B-B124-A79FD9D6BE4A-614-0000005D018CA5F5.jpg

(pic pinched off chads instagram)

I got a amazing Butterfly girl head off Paul Dobleman too but didn't get a pic at the time and its a bit too scabby to take one now, had loads of people come up ask me about it on the day!

Just got a leopard head from Bryan Burk during his guest spot at Black Heart. I couldn't be happier. He's one of my favorite artists and I finally scored a little piece from him.

So great man!! SO GOOD. ..I mean, you coulda just gotten a spider, woulda been easier :D

@Russ and @ItsNewport!! Cat/panther/lady heads all day.. Nice ones!

@Jack He is so fast but amazingly not particularly heavy handed. Before he got into tattooing he was a graffiti artist. As such he needed to work quickly so as not to get caught by the police or blatted by a train. He's carried that speed over into his tattooing. Deno told me his apprentice was also a graffiti artist and is also pretty quick.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy, you two really cleaned up! Thanks for letting us enjoy it vicariously.

So, how'd you find the kneecap? It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it'd be.

You're welcome. I didn't find the kneecap too bad either. My biggest worry is my leg getting the shakes but it behaved itself yesterday.

Going to finally be tattooed by Dana Helmuth........next saturday at read street....we've talked about this for a few years so i am pretty stoked!

I'm actually not too familiar with Dana's work although I've definitely heard his name. He's doing a guest spot near me too in the northeast soon I think. I'll have to look him up, is he known for anything in particular?

Got this off Chad Koeplinger at the London convention on friday, I'm proper made up with it!

Any one got any advice on healing inner bicep tattoos though? inside of my bicep is black and blue now it hurts like a bitch :D

Sweet pic and try an icepack and ibuprofen for those nice tender spots that bruise bad. I keep a bag of frozen corn for such occasions.

I'm actually not too familiar with Dana's work although I've definitely heard his name. He's doing a guest spot near me too in the northeast soon I think. I'll have to look him up, is he known for anything in particular?

Here is an article/blog from TAM that could explain it better than i could! I would just say.....Asian/Japanese influenced?

Dana Helmuth: It Really Doesn’t Get Any Better… « TAM Blog

tumblr_mb9u1aNFVJ1r3c8sjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mb9trmMD3L1r3c8sjo1_500.jpg

I spent my Saturday afternoon with Jeff Zuck, finishing up the black in my backpiece. It was a fantastic experience as always. Jeff is one of the nicest, raddest dudes I've had the pleasure of meeting in or out of the tattoo world. With the exception of a few spots, shading the butt wasn't as bad as I had psyched myself up for. A close friend of mine got a really awesome fox/owl totem from Jen Munford at the same time (it's up on her IG @threejenbirdmun). Needless to say, my (very pregnant) fiancee spent the afternoon being real jealous.