Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Right? It was pretty painful, as expected. He hung the needle so deep and blasted the f*** out of it. I'm only at 14 hours after the fact now, but it's relatively painful-free at this point and not swollen at all. Surprisingly. I'm totally rocking some DIY sock-gloves I've cut finger holes through so it can breath and remain clean. New fashion trend? Homeless-chic.

tumblr_mbl8q5Wst31qzpqyqo1_500.jpg

I got this from Deno at this summers Inkbash in Stockholm. He came up with putting the gorilla in a tower and the roots there. Midway through I asked him if he wasn't going to put something coming out of the skull. "Like what?" .. I don't know, something.. And he just put that dot trail in there, no pencil or anything. I think the whole piece came out just nice and strong, might be one of my favorite tattoos so far. He was super quick and fun to chat with. Tried to ask him about how graffiti has helped him develop as a tattooer but he didn't have much to say about it, except being taught to work fast. Jelle SOOS came by to say hi too, so I got to exchange a few words with him also. Man travels, a lot!

Tomorrow I'm going to be under the needle of Joel Madberg SOOS. Putting a bird with alligator head on and around my knee, same leg as the tattoo above. A little scared of the knee actually, will I shake like crazy?

(edit: oh by the way, the picture above is from today so the tattoo is close to 6 weeks healed or so)

Some new one from the last two weeks...

Two by Duncan X

749055b6ff8e11e185a622000a1d039f_7.jpg

ed7ac704ff5211e1ba9922000a1e9f98_7.jpg

and one by Jondix

photo283829.jpg

photo39.jpg

Got some monster appointments coming up within the next 2 months... 4 with Hooper and the beginning of about 20 sessions with Rubendall.

@CercleRouge Did you get the Duncan X tattoos on the Tuesday 25th September.

I was in Into You getting tattooed by Jondix at about 2pm.

Nice @mmikaoj! I think I saw that on his IG a while back. That's super rad, and I'm super jealous. I don't think I'd ever seen an all-black Deno tattoo before...that was neat. Anyone care to enlighten me on the meaning behind SOOS? Maybe I'm super ignorant, but trying to figure out what it means/stands for/whatever has been driving me nuts for a while.

@Mr. Smith:

I'm glad you liked it! Yeah he put it on IG about a week after. I've seen a few black and gray of his but nothing this big before. The girl who had the appointment before me had him do a mandala-thing (here it is, found it) and I kind of like the idea of having a really good tattooer with a style of her/his own do something unordinary. Just don't pull them too far out of their comfort zone.

I don't think you'll ever get a good answer to the SOOS question. I'll try with Joel tomorrow but I don't expect anything. I actually asked Jelle SOOS at Stockholm Inkbash, both him and Pedro was there. But he just basically said that "If I told everyone it wouldn't be as cool and mystical, right?"

It's their tattoo gang, they started it way back when none of them was very good, more as a joke but then they turned professional. But the meaning? Your guess is as good as mine.

Guess some of you will have seen this already, Valerie at Frith St on me this afternoon

90467c16117e11e2b18c12313d0912ed_7.jpg

Asked for a girl head, then today asked for freckles...

Gah! That's on you? SO FUCKING GOOD! The freckles were a great idea. They really set it off.

@Mr. Smith:

I'm glad you liked it! Yeah he put it on IG about a week after. I've seen a few black and gray of his but nothing this big before. The girl who had the appointment before me had him do a mandala-thing (here it is, found it) and I kind of like the idea of having a really good tattooer with a style of her/his own do something unordinary. Just don't pull them too far out of their comfort zone.

I don't think you'll ever get a good answer to the SOOS question. I'll try with Joel tomorrow but I don't expect anything. I actually asked Jelle SOOS at Stockholm Inkbash, both him and Pedro was there. But he just basically said that "If I told everyone it wouldn't be as cool and mystical, right?"

It's their tattoo gang, they started it way back when none of them was very good, more as a joke but then they turned professional. But the meaning? Your guess is as good as mine.

do you mean what it stands for or what the parameters of inclusion are?

I got tattooed by Tomas Garcia last week on my trip to America. He did a flaming torch on my tricep.

He is such a nice guy and the shop he now works at is awesome. My Mum, Dad and sister all managed to get a tattoo from other guys at the shop while they were waiting for me too! I'll get a photo up when it's passed the worst of the healing.

Bad ass man I really like Jondix work you have a great piece. There are a lot of people doing the stippled work but none have the elegance Jondix does.

Some new one from the last two weeks...

Two by Duncan X

749055b6ff8e11e185a622000a1d039f_7.jpg

ed7ac704ff5211e1ba9922000a1e9f98_7.jpg

and one by Jondix

photo283829.jpg

photo39.jpg

Got some monster appointments coming up within the next 2 months... 4 with Hooper and the beginning of about 20 sessions with Rubendall.

Thanks everyone, obviously I couldn't be happier.

Another amazing afternoon, this time Stewart and Valerie were both pretty excited about a Garver girl's head with a blade through her face on a guy Stewart was tattooing - super cool looking thing and (I think) 8 years old; Valerie showed me a picture of it in one of her books and that thing looks as good now as it did then - really cool!

It's a very fresh photo.....and not even a good one....but I had Dana Helmuth tattoo me this past Saturday at Read Street Tattoo and he decided to add a dragon head and claw in the area I had saved for him! :)

BunnyDanaHelmuth_1.jpg

i'm not sure if artists do it consciously or if it was your choice, but i like when colors for a tattoo are chosen based on what the client already has in the surrounding area... makes for a more cohesive piece.

Thanks everyone, obviously I couldn't be happier.

Another amazing afternoon, this time Stewart and Valerie were both pretty excited about a Garver girl's head with a blade through her face on a guy Stewart was tattooing - super cool looking thing and (I think) 8 years old; Valerie showed me a picture of it in one of her books and that thing looks as good now as it did then - really cool!

That is probably the one in Tattooing From Japan to the West.

i'm not sure if artists do it consciously or if it was your choice, but i like when colors for a tattoo are chosen based on what the client already has in the surrounding area... makes for a more cohesive piece.

We did discuss the tattoo just being a black & grey to make it stand out against the surrounding color....but i really wanted color so we looked at what was around it and made it so it did stand out on it's own but also tie itself into the work around it!

Just got this bad boy from [MENTION=2486]lukemuller[/MENTION] over at http://www.facebook.com/truelovetattoobrisbane Leg is a little swollen at the moment but nothing out of the ordinary :)

tiger_head_luke_muller.jpg

I'm f**king stoked. We had no idea what Luke was going to throw down beforehand, I had some ideas but nothing concrete and then I remembered a new painting he'd done, and the fact that I have no cats on me yet, the above plan was hatched and goodtimes where had by all ;)