Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Not sure if this is where I'm supposed to introduce myself or if I'm blind!

Anyway I'm Luke I'm from the UK, I'm 22 currently working on a full sleeve of traditional bits and bobs, here a couple of pieces I've had done for those interested.

Nice tattoos Luke, who's the artist

Smaller one before we start workin' on a thigh panther, from Nash over at Hand of Glory. Great dude, awful spot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8167[/ATTACH]

HELL YES that is a rough spot! My peacock's tail lands right on there and it was the last part of the tattoo to get color- first time I ever stopped a tattooer to catch my breath :rolleyes:

WHO: Gunnar (Gaylord)

WHAT: A caricature of me listening to heavy metal music that comes to life

WHEN: Oct 22 2012

WHERE: RedTree Tattoo Gallery in Columbus OH

WHY: I drew pictures on the sides of cassette cases 30 years ago while I would listen to a late night heavy metal radio show. For a long time (in recent memory) I wanted a tattoo that was conceptually what I was drawing. Finally took the time to get it done.

Tattoo.jpg

WHO: Gunnar (Gaylord)

WHAT: A caricature of me listening to heavy metal music that comes to life

WHEN: Oct 22 2012

WHERE: RedTree Tattoo Gallery in Columbus OH

WHY: I drew pictures on the sides of cassette cases 30 years ago while I would listen to a late night heavy metal radio show. For a long time (in recent memory) I wanted a tattoo that was conceptually what I was drawing. Finally took the time to get it done.

Tattoo.jpg

I can dig Gunnar's stuff and this piece looks great. Not my style....BUT I can see how cool this is. Nice piece man. I think I saw hime posting drawings of this on Instagram.

I can dig Gunnar's stuff and this piece looks great. Not my style....BUT I can see how cool this is. Nice piece man. I think I saw hime posting drawings of this on Instagram.

Thanks. He was posting his sketch, him tattoing me, and the final piece on Instragram. It was a great experience for me, and I came out of it with more than I expected. I know this is more of a traditional tattoo forum, but I'm OK posting here. Personally a bulk of the traditional tattoo work is not my style, but I've always appreciated a good tattoo regardless of it's genre, and I've seen some awesome traditional work here in my short time in this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

@metalmancpa I know you said you're done/slowing down getting tattoos, but I believe Mike Moses is relocating to Columbus... while he doesn't tend to do charicature-y stuff, I have a feeling you might dig his stuff..

Being from Boston, I only travelled to Columbus because once I had chosen Gunnar I had to go where he was. I'm now looking into getting something added to my eagle, and currently am looking into Russ Abbott who will be guest spotting next year in my neck of the woods. I really don't want to travel again because that added a lot of cost to an already expensive piece.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note to my Gunnar piece, here's the tattoo surrounded by the three drawings I did that I gave Gunnar as my "concept"

Tattooconcepttofinal.jpg

Thanks. He was posting his sketch, him tattoing me, and the final piece on Instragram. It was a great experience for me, and I came out of it with more than I expected. I know this is more of a traditional tattoo forum, but I'm OK posting here. Personally a bulk of the traditional tattoo work is not my style, but I've always appreciated a good tattoo regardless of it's genre, and I've seen some awesome traditional work here in my short time in this forum.

I actually am a non-standard forum goer here as well. My bag of potato chips is Japanese traditional and black and grey.