Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Idm9tcB.jpg

Got this one from Simon Erl the other day and I am really happy with it. He didn't draw it as I had envisioned but made it much better. If you are in Stockholm make sure to swing by Swahili Bobs, he'll be there for another month or so.

this is awesome. i really would like to get tattooed by simon sometime. i missed out while he was at max's studio a few months ago.

My first (and currently only) tattoo was done about a month and a half ago by Misha at Zulu Tattoo in Los Angeles, California. It's a side portrait of Ariel from The Little Mermaid on the inside of my right forearm, to begin my Disney sleeve. It took two hours and I am beyond enamored with my tattoo. I've always loved Disney, and the movies and characters play a big part in my life. Below is a photo of my tattoo before it had begun to scab (as you can see) and the second was taken about two or three hours after it was done (the lighting as terrible and, as you can see as well, the swelling in my arm was very bad). I hope the photos aren't too big.

post-4876-146168846754_thumb.jpg

Pictures to follow but I had a great session with Thomas Hooper today and my sleeve is nearly lined. On my forearm there's a nautilus shell with an almost acanthus leaf-like pattern in it (Haeckel's Art Forms In Nature has a shell like this in it) amidst Japanese water with water cascading over it. On the inside of my arm is a Haeckel-inspired mandala and next session we'll cap off my shoulder with an atmospheric mandala with flames and clouds. Really kind of amazed at it and feel so fortunate to have a tattoo so beautiful.

Pictures to follow but I had a great session with Thomas Hooper today and my sleeve is nearly lined. On my forearm there's a nautilus shell with an almost acanthus leaf-like pattern in it (Haeckel's Art Forms In Nature has a shell like this in it) amidst Japanese water with water cascading over it. On the inside of my arm is a Haeckel-inspired mandala and next session we'll cap off my shoulder with an atmospheric mandala with flames and clouds. Really kind of amazed at it and feel so fortunate to have a tattoo so beautiful.

Yes! I am envious. Stoked for you!

Righteous, Graeme-good on ya!