Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

So I wasn't sure if I was going to post any of my new tattoos but decided in the end to just go for it. I moved to France four months ago and have been sat in a lab isolated from the world pretty much ever since. I went to the Mondial du Tatouage show in Paris for three days as a birthday present to myself. I booked in with Stewart Robson and Valerie Vargas from Frith Street and also Greg Christian. I ended up getting tattooed six times in three days. It was also my first convention and I'm going to make sure I go to a few more :D

I stole all the pictures from the respective artist's instagrams apart from one which I took with my phone.

Demon head on knee - Stewart Robson (Frith Street Tattoo)

Geisha Girl Head - Cody Miller (Blackheart Tattoo)

Flaming Torch - Greg Christian

Castle - Cody Miller (Blackheart Tattoo)

Medusa Head - Valerie Vargas (Frith Street Tattoo)

Devil Head - Nick Roddin (Blackheart Tattoo)

I can't wait for the convention next year

Wow! That is an amazing collection - Hat's off to you!

Thanks everyone :) The only bad thing was that it made me realise I'm running out of space. Only really my thighs and ribs left now, well my lower arms too but they'll be my retirement present in 40 years or so if I'm lucky

Hah! There will be no retirement in 40 years. Might as well do the forearms sooner than that.

Also, HOLY SHITBALLS THOSE TATTOOS ARE ALL SO GOOD.

I got the opportunity to get tattooed by Stewart Robson while he was up in Scotland for the Scottish Tattoo Convention. After the convention Stewart was tattooing at Lab Monkey Tattoo in Stirling so I travelled through and got this Kitsune mask on my shoulder/chest. This is my second small tattoo from Stewart and I suspect it wont be the last.

kitsune1_zps3934da40.jpg

Edit: sorry the picture is massive but I can't seem to make it smaller...

@asradin man so cool I love that demon head but all are great. Nice present to yourself for sure. DId you experience "tattoo head" I found after all the hrs of being tattooed I was in a fog.

Haha yeah a bit, especially on the Saturday evening when I went out to meet some friends. Took all my will power and concentration just to order food at a restaurant. Totally worth it though

Finished my 2nd session on Friday. Got the entire background and shading done. He started on colour on the Kappa. I don't want to post a pic as he just basically touched the colour before I tapped out. There is just one shade of green and a bit of the yellow. Once the background was done he asked if I wanted to start on some colour, I felt great so was like yeah sure. Big mistake, lol. It looks pretty sweet IMO. Wish I didn't get him to start some of the colour as I feel weird with a tattoo where part of it is so obviously not done, lol.

Going back on the 12th so should have an updated pic shortly there after. Most if not the entire tattoo should be completed by then.

While most of my body is still empty space, this particular empty space was bothering me the most...

Drove up to Toronto yesterday and had this sparrow/rose done by Tim Pausinger. It was my first time at that The Pearl Harbor Gift Shop - what an amazing place! All three of my tattoo experiences have been great but The Pearl was on another level (maybe due in part to me being more experienced at getting tattoos also) of cool. Definitely now going to be my default recommendation to anyone who asks me where they should get tattooed. If they don't want to drive an hour and a half then they just don't want it enough ;)

edit: Just wanted to add that this was my first tattoo since joining LST and my first chance to post in this thread. Looking forward to many more.

While most of my body is still empty space, this particular empty space was bothering me the most...

Drove up to Toronto yesterday and had this sparrow/rose done by Tim Pausinger. It was my first time at that The Pearl Harbor Gift Shop - what an amazing place! All three of my tattoo experiences have been great but The Pearl was on another level (maybe due in part to me being more experienced at getting tattoos also) of cool. Definitely now going to be my default recommendation to anyone who asks me where they should get tattooed. If they don't want to drive an hour and a half then they just don't want it enough ;)

That's such a nice one. I am really overdue for a visit to Toronto, but when I finally make it there I am going to have to make sure that a tattoo at The Pearl is part of my plans.

Always great work coming out of The Pearl. Tim does brilliant work. Congrats on a brilliant tattoo.

So I wasn't sure if I was going to post any of my new tattoos but decided in the end to just go for it. I moved to France four months ago and have been sat in a lab isolated from the world pretty much ever since. I went to the Mondial du Tatouage show in Paris for three days as a birthday present to myself. I booked in with Stewart Robson and Valerie Vargas from Frith Street and also Greg Christian. I ended up getting tattooed six times in three days. It was also my first convention and I'm going to make sure I go to a few more :D

I stole all the pictures from the respective artist's instagrams apart from one which I took with my phone.

Demon head on knee - Stewart Robson (Frith Street Tattoo)

Geisha Girl Head - Cody Miller (Blackheart Tattoo)

Flaming Torch - Greg Christian

Castle - Cody Miller (Blackheart Tattoo)

Medusa Head - Valerie Vargas (Frith Street Tattoo)

Devil Head - Nick Roddin (Blackheart Tattoo)

I can't wait for the convention next year

@asradin amazing collection from Paris. Well done to you.

As promised, here are a couple of pics taken the day following my session with Nick Colella during his visit to The Pearl Harbor Gift Shop. I admit my photographic skill are weak at best. Nick is a helluva a guy and does killer work. Excepting the part that hurt like *^$, the experience was awesome, and since I'll be in Chicago over the summer, I hope to get at least one more done by Nick. So the inner bicep is tender - who knew?

Here's the beginning of a nice piece. This is my brother-n-law, he received his first tattoo at GoldRush last June. He and I participated in walk-in saturday! He's been hooked ever since. He lives up in Salt Lake City and this tattoo was done by our very own @missStark who works at Anchor Ink in Salt Lake City.

Here's the beginning of a nice piece. This is my brother-n-law, he received his first tattoo at GoldRush last June. He and I participated in walk-in saturday! He's been hooked ever since. He lives up in Salt Lake City and this tattoo was done by our very own @missStark

Who is that, Chris? Brynne? I didn't know she posted here...