Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

@HaydenRose I'll be there July 18th. Planning on coming out a few days early to get tattooed by someone else while I'm in town. I just haven't decided who yet.

Nice! You'll be taken care of @ Kings Ave thats for sure. Grez is the nicest guy. Cant say i have a tattoo by him, but he did do a touch up for me. I'll be there the 16th.

Damn.

@heathenist I wouldn't mind how that looks, but I always think it looks douchey when people noticeably alter their clothing or style to show off their siqqq tats.

Why? You pay all that money for them, might as well have them look sharp. People shave their face everyday and its just a stupid face with no cool tattoos.

- - - Updated - - -

Kings Ave posted on instagram some horses and rose that Grez did. Holy shit! Whoever has that is stoked. Can't wait for my appointment with him in July.

I don't think she posts here, but she posts on another messageboard I frequent. She also just got her leg lined with a skull and snake from Chris O'Donnell. Oh and she is a really good artist (not a tattoo artist) to top it off.

Damn.

@heathenist I wouldn't mind how that looks, but I always think it looks douchey when people noticeably alter their clothing or style to show off their siqqq tats.

I don't want to digress from the point of the post.. however since i started getting tattooed my style has changed, i wear different clothes in a different style. I'd say i show more skin then i used to. Not really to show off my tattoo's (which i am totally in love with and so proud of) but because i'm more comfortable in my own skin now i think... and men with shaved legs can be pretty hawt if you ask me :P

Here's what I got this friday:

e1b20164a90f11e2921422000a1fb704_7.jpg

From Cezilia Hjelt. The tiger head is from early 1900's flash that I came across on an exhibition early this year.

36e49b20a93211e28c3c22000a1fb85a_7.jpg

At the same time I got this from Joel Albertson, classic Dietzel girl, I've loved this design since I first saw it a couple years ago so I am happy to sport it now.

Both Cezilia and Joel work at Göteborg Classic Tattooing. If you're ever in Gothenburg, this is the place to hit up. Jonas Uggli Nyberg and Henrik Röstberg works there too, so it's a pretty awesome crew.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/gallery/showimage2.php?i=13964&catid=member&imageuser=5080

So i'm still epically failing at being able to include images in my post....i should probably go and read the instructions or something *hangs head in shame*

This is a cover up of a colour realism piece i had started and never finished. It wasnt a bad tattoo as such.. it just wasn't me. I'm SO pleased with the progress of the cover so far.. can't wait to see him once he's done! Being done by Dan Hartley at Cock A Snook Tattoo in Newcastle :)

Edited by hollyjoybee
because i am a complete image posting FOOL

Why? You pay all that money for them, might as well have them look sharp. People shave their face everyday and its just a stupid face with no cool tattoos.

Well I only shave my stupid face reluctantly, but good point. I guess I was thinking of my dorky friend wearing shorts in the winter and this kid at my college who ripped a bunch of holes in the back of his shirt so you could tell he had a back piece... but who cares, I'll let people get back to posting awesome tattoos.

Well I only shave my stupid face reluctantly, but good point. I guess I was thinking of my dorky friend wearing shorts in the winter and this kid at my college who ripped a bunch of holes in the back of his shirt so you could tell he had a back piece... but who cares, I'll let people get back to posting awesome tattoos.

hahahaha, okay, yeah, that would give me major douche chills.

I don't think she posts here, but she posts on another messageboard I frequent. She also just got her leg lined with a skull and snake from Chris O'Donnell. Oh and she is a really good artist (not a tattoo artist) to top it off.

I saw this while lurking the b9 before it hit the 'gram. That girl is not messing around with getting tattooed. I completely back it. Surprisingly, people on that board get some real nice work done.

I saw this while lurking the b9 before it hit the 'gram. That girl is not messing around with getting tattooed. I completely back it. Surprisingly, people on that board get some real nice work done.

Yeah for the most part, at least the people who are regulars to that thread, a lot of which also post here.

I hear what you're saying, and if he is reproducing line-by-line, yeah, I wouldn't be real happy about it.

On the other hand, how many times have, say, Sailor Jerry's designs, custom or not, been reproduced, line-by-line? I guess it would all go to how it was done, as a straight copy, or an "influenced design", or what.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sailor Jerry released flashbooks.. I think on some level that makes it different. I completely understand the issue if you put your best into designing something and then someone copies it.. When a client brings our shop a design of that nature we reference but change it.. no direct replica's ..just not good ethics...especially considering that the style of each tattooer is different.

Sailor Jerry released flashbooks.. I think on some level that makes it different. I completely understand the issue if you put your best into designing something and then someone copies it.. When a client brings our shop a design of that nature we reference but change it.. no direct replica's ..just not good ethics...especially considering that the style of each tattooer is different.

Sailor Jerry also did a ton of custom work, and it has been copied endlessly.

I understand the issue, and agree that a tattooer should reference, not copy.

My point was that there was a person involved in this, and he was being ripped on, and I felt that was bogus.

Period.