Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Got this from Steve Byrne on Saturday. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Sorry for the crappy iphone pic, I'll try to get better pics once it heals.

Steve Byrne really needs to start getting better at tattooing ;)

Just in case the sarcasm didn't come through...This is awesome! Steve constantly proves to be one of the best.

mmikaoj, dude you should've let me know you were in my hometown. i live across the street from classic tattoo. if you come again, the coffee and kanelbulle is on me! LST for life.

Hehe I'll be back soon for sure. My X lives in gothenburg as well as other friends. Adding you as a friend here now. Let's eat kanellbullar and talk tattoos next time I'm in town!

Walk in style by Wade Hex at Port City Tattoo in Long Beach, CA.

I had no idea what I wanted to get. First thing that popped into my head was "geisha lady head".

What a stacked crew over at Port City. Vastly underrated. I'd love to get tattooed by anyone at that shop... Eric Jones, Tom Moser, Uzi, Jack Mauk, Renan, Wade Hex... heavy hitters.

I had no idea what I wanted to get. First thing that popped into my head was "geisha lady head".

What a stacked crew over at Port City. Vastly underrated. I'd love to get tattooed by anyone at that shop... Eric Jones, Tom Moser, Uzi, Jack Mauk, Renan, Wade Hex... heavy hitters.

Wow. I'm going to Port City for my stomach. Hopefully they can transfer that skill to a black and gray custom piece. I really like Eric Jones and Tom Moser's stuff.

@CABS I thought Uzi had moved over to Dark Horse? Is he splitting his time?

Yeah, splitting time. Tues and Wed at Port City, I believe.

The cool thing about that is their shop is 5-10 min from the Long Beach Airport. Jet Blue sometimes has these awesome deals that fly you right into Long Beach for 50-60 bucks (each way) from the Bay Area.

Got this earlier today from Jeff P. at Art Work Rebels here in Portland, Ore. Every 23rd they do a half-off flash special, so I picked this one off the wall. Sorry for the shitty cell phone picture, it's the best I could do.

Jeff P is on my list too. That flash special sounds rad as hell. Duly noted.

@CABS - Yeah man, definitely worth the trip. The shop is cool as hell, and I showed up early expecting a line but ended up being the only client there for the first hour+ of the sitting. Jeff is a solid dude, I highly recommend him. Jeff and a couple other guys from the shop (including Jason) will be at the Bay Area Convention this year, too...

Here's a slightly better picture from Instagram:

8dfdee2aac7011e2b12422000a1f901a_7.jpg

@CABS - Yeah man, definitely worth the trip. The shop is cool as hell, and I showed up early expecting a line but ended up being the only client there for the first hour+ of the sitting. Jeff is a solid dude, I highly recommend him. Jeff and a couple other guys from the shop (including Jason) will be at the Bay Area Convention this year, too...

That's sick man. I want a rose and dagger on the back of my leg too, how fitting. I like visiting conventions, but I'd much rather visit tattooers at their home base. Jeff P and Ross Carlson do killer tattoos. Maybe I'll make a trip to Portland this summer. Flights are cheap from the Bay Area.

The shading and color on that are so smooth, it's kind of blowing my mind right now. There have been so many good tattoos posted in the last couple days.

The shading and color on that are so smooth, it's kind of blowing my mind right now. There have been so many good tattoos posted in the last couple days.

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm really digging it. Exceeded my expectations for sure.

I asked Wade what he likes to tattoo and he said "whatever walks through the door." I then asked him if he prefers a certain style to tattoo and he said, "You kind of have to know how to tattoo every style." What I was trying to find out is if he really liked doing traditional. I wouldn't have Thomas Hooper to do a panther head (I'm sure he could do a killer one though) or I wouldn't have Steve Byrne to do a realistic color portrait. I like to play to an artists strengths.

Turns out Wade is typically know for his black and grey, but he totally did an amazing job with the traditional too.