Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Haha cheers! Yeah I absolutely love Franks work - that snake you got is beautiful. I will definitely get something more off him, maybe next year. I'm in with Valerie in a few weeks, I love going to Frith Street!

He's definitely got huge talent and what a nice guy too (his wife is lovely as well). I saw his band a few months after he tattooed me and he refused to let me pay for the merch i was buying, which i thought was a gesture he really didn't have to make.

I love frith street too - my bank balance isn't so fond of the place but what else am i gonna spend my money on, heating bills and food?!

He's definitely got huge talent and what a nice guy too (his wife is lovely as well). I saw his band a few months after he tattooed me and he refused to let me pay for the merch i was buying, which i thought was a gesture he really didn't have to make.

I love frith street too - my bank balance isn't so fond of the place but what else am i gonna spend my money on, heating bills and food?!

Yeah I know! I would have been happy enough with just an awesome tattoo, but no, Frank is just above and beyond, got me into any of his gigs on the guestlist, came over to chat, even gave me a shoutout on stage. I cant say enough good things about him!

Come on, if we didn't spend money on tattoos it would just get wasted!

Come on, if we didn't spend money on tattoos it would just get wasted!

Hah! I was thinking the other day how much money I spend on tattoos (I don't have many tattoos yet so I'm only around the price of a small car into my collection), thinking that I don't actually have that much money that I can spend what I do on tattoos, and then realizing that I had this money too before I started getting tattooed and what do I have to show for it? A couple of guitars and amps, but mainly mostly nothing.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. All credit goes to El Monga.

I love the cats boots .

Aren't they awesome? They're one of my favorite details in the tattoo. In fact, they're a testament to how great a tattooer El Monga is: I mentioned that I liked medieval themes in tattoos, so in addition to putting the castles, etc. in there, he also gave the entire tattoo sort of woodcut-from-the-middle-ages look, and I feel like the boots are ripped straight from that sort of imagery, as well. They really round out the overall aesthetic of the tattoo in my opinion.

...hopefully that made sense. I didn't sleep much last night.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone. All credit goes to El Monga.

Aren't they awesome? They're one of my favorite details in the tattoo. In fact, they're a testament to how great a tattooer El Monga is: I mentioned that I liked medieval themes in tattoos, so in addition to putting the castles, etc. in there, he also gave the entire tattoo sort of woodcut-from-the-middle-ages look, and I feel like the boots are ripped straight from that sort of imagery, as well. They really round out the overall aesthetic of the tattoo in my opinion.

...hopefully that made sense. I didn't sleep much last night.

Looks like his feet are in motion. :D

I just got this from Aaron Hodges at Idle Hand SF:

6c169436b44c11e28e0122000aaa0935_7.jpg

Aaron's a really great guy, and I was stoked to get something from him. Two days ago, I realized that a torch would fit really well in that little spot, so I hit him up yesterday and he said he'd have time today. A great experience, and I'm really happy with it.

I LOVE that!! It fits so nicely in the space. Really lovely :)

I keep popping in and out of this website, but I do love that you guys keep at it! Anyway, here are a couple of photos of my front piece from Filip Leu & Sabine Gaffron, in progress. I'm adding a selfie taken close up while lying on my couch because it cracks me up how I look like a piece of fabric :))

My man! You're the coolest looking piece of fabric I've seen yet. I didn't know you'd finished up with them. Spectacular doesn't really begin to cover it.

I LOVE that!! It fits so nicely in the space. Really lovely :)

Thanks! I'll have to post healed pics because the green pops much more now.

I posted this on my introduction thread, but I just got the tattoo last week so why not post it here too.... Got my first tattoo from Nathan Kostechko while he was doing a guest spot at Ink and Dagger. a little snake with pattern on my chest - almost didn't get to put a pattern in because he doesn't travel with his patterns, but there was a book at Ink and Dagger we were able to use. I wanted an asanoha pattern, but I think this worked out nicely.

My man! You're the coolest looking piece of fabric I've seen yet. I didn't know you'd finished up with them. Spectacular doesn't really begin to cover it.

Thanks man! I am still unfinished... we have the robes to pattern and colour, and Filip wants to hammer INSIDE the belly button!! Inside!!!

In 4 months, I go and start my back with him. Adulthood here I come! Hope you're well :)