Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

On a side note though. I wouldn't worry too much about your tattoo, or whether or not people like it. What I would do though, is take the opportunity you have now to educate yourself, find a good artist, and start getting some really good work done.

@Mike Clayton Mate you've been through this on the other forum, now you've hopefully learned to choose a great artist. It's pretty normal to have your first tattoo being your worst. Now is the time to suck it up and go get something amazing by a world class artist.

Okay but I still don't think its that bad of a tat so it doesnt matter. But I do plan on getting some other stuff.

I don't think it's bad. i think the "hate" is that it's the typical tattoo for anybody that's just looking to get something and have it be acceptable to everyone that looks at it. Not saying that was your thought process in getting it (a "safe" tattoo) but if that's the case then this site is here to bring such great possibilities and artists to you.

Most people here will agree that "saint michael" is an overplayed design and is done too often by amateur artists/down right bad artists

This is from yesterday, really fun piece on my buddy as part of a trade before he moves to Australia. A little red and bruised, but I think I got a good picture.

be nice, I get really self conscious posting my work among so many amazing tattoos :o

(although I am totally open to constructive criticism if anyone feels so inclined!)

john.png

I absolutely LOVE this!

I don't think it's bad. i think the "hate" is that it's the typical tattoo for anybody that's just looking to get something and have it be acceptable to everyone that looks at it. Not saying that was your thought process in getting it (a "safe" tattoo) but if that's the case then this site is here to bring such great possibilities and artists to you.

Most people here will agree that "saint michael" is an overplayed design and is done too often by amateur artists/down right bad artists

Thanks dude. And yeah my next one will be unique or at least I want it to be lmao. Still gonna think it up.

Thanks dude. And yeah my next one will be unique or at least I want it to be lmao. Still gonna think it up.

dude, get what you want, don't get what you think others will approve of.

All this tattoo elitist bullshit popping up around here is not cool.

Just because you've collected cool tattoos by good artists doesn't make you any better than the next guy.

For me, it isn't the tattoo, it's the begging for comments and attention. Sure, it's really nice to get flattering comments or a whole bunch of "likes" on instagram or whatever, but that shouldn't be what it's about.

I guess I wasn't aware of any of that...

For me, it isn't the tattoo, it's the begging for comments and attention. Sure, it's really nice to get flattering comments or a whole bunch of "likes" on instagram or whatever, but that shouldn't be what it's about.

I wasnt really begging I was just putting it up like everyone else. I updated it with a a better pic after it was healed like someone wanted me to so I did I wasnt begging dude.

I wasnt really begging I was just putting it up like everyone else. I updated it with a a better pic after it was healed like someone wanted me to so I did I wasnt begging dude.

Dude, you posted it first on post #3828, and then when it didn't get any likes or comments you quoted that post asking people what they thought of it in post #3844. That's begging for attention.

Dude, you posted it first on post #3828, and then when it didn't get any likes or comments you quoted that post asking people what they thought of it in post #3844. That's begging for attention.

Yeah because someone msged me and asked to see a better pic so I updated it.

More tattoos please !!

I should not have digressed

Its backwards to me to actually join last october not seek any information or help

go get a tattoo then question your own decision with complete strangers all over the internet on various platforms.

Not meaning to come off as a tattoo elitist bullshit guy I genuinely want @Mike Clayton to be happy with his tattoos.

be nice, I get really self conscious posting my work among so many amazing tattoos :o

(although I am totally open to constructive criticism if anyone feels so inclined!)

john.png

I mean this nice: What is it? I know it's a snake and flames, but what is the rest of it and what is it overall? It kind of looks like the bottle of Shalimar perfume my mother used to have.

I mean this nice: What is it? I know it's a snake and flames, but what is the rest of it and what is it overall? It kind of looks like the bottle of Shalimar perfume my mother used to have.

It's loosely based on an engraving from this series:

plate47elementa(sized).jpg

The image itself is an alchemical illustration depicting the distillation of the lapis(or philosopher's stone). The annotations mention three types of distillery: cold, hot, and dry. This one is hot, describing the process as burning the lapis at a high temperature for a very long time. The series shows a homonculoid creature and fire within the bottle, and changes into a snake, which eventually eats its tail(ouroboros).

It's all very metaphysical and dense, but very interesting to read about. I'll take some pictures of the book and the images I referenced when I get home if you'd like to see them.

Then you could have sent the picture to them via private message.

I've posted a picture of my sister's first tattoo on here, and when no one liked it or said anything, i didnt quote myself asking for more opinions on her tattoo.

I refuse to say anything about the quality of your tattoo, because I dont want to be labeled as an elitist, but quoting yourself asking for opinions is kinda lame.

Back to tattoos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More tattoos please !!

I should not have digressed

Its backwards to me to actually join last october not seek any information or help

go get a tattoo then question your own decision with complete strangers all over the internet on various platforms.

Not meaning to come off as a tattoo elitist bullshit guy I genuinely want @Mike Clayton to be happy with his tattoos.

just to be clear, my comment wasn't directed at you or anyone else, it was more of a general statement to cut the negativity on the forum.

We want people to be attracted to this forum and ganging up on people will chase them away......

Then you could have sent the picture to them via private message.

I've posted a picture of my sister's first tattoo on here, and when no one liked it or said anything, i didnt quote myself asking for more opinions on her tattoo.

I refuse to say anything about the quality of your tattoo, because I dont want to be labeled as an elitist, but quoting yourself asking for opinions is kinda lame.

Back to tattoos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well than sorry shit.