Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

If you don't mind an Olde Guy comment:

That Florida tattoo reminds me so much of the postcards I used to see as a child in the 60's.:cool:

Thanks! I think that's pretty cool! As much as I hate living in South Florida, I've been here for 20 years and consider it home. Figured Florida should be with me wherever I go. Had no idea he was going to add in them oranges but I think they round out the piece nicely. Kinda sad there was no tattooed blood somewhere in there though!

Love that placement. El Monga is the nicest guy ever.

This is AMAZING. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, quoted, the wrong poster, but the tattoo is the balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Got this one a couple of weeks ago from El Monga @ Aloha Tattoos, Barcelona.

Left shin, right below the knee, which the ears kinda wrap around a bit. The rest was pretty bearable, but those bits hurt like hell.

401846_263664933771430_1165215492_n.jpg

this was the poster I meant to quote.

rarehardtofind- I effing love your tattoo!

I'm not sure if this link will work but here's a link to a short instagram video of my completed sleeve. It's still healing so some bits are a little bit pink still but it gives a decent idea of what it looks like until I can get some good pictures of it. This was done in five sessions between October and June by Thomas Hooper.

Video by graemedwilliams • Instagram

I'm not sure if this link will work but here's a link to a short instagram video of my completed sleeve. It's still healing so some bits are a little bit pink still but it gives a decent idea of what it looks like until I can get some good pictures of it. This was done in five sessions between October and June by Thomas Hooper.

God damn, that thing is pretty incredible. I love what's going on in your inner bicep and around the cap of your shoulder. I bet it looks great in motion too. Pretty jealous.

@youthcrewalex that's awesome!! I really like the leaves. Funny bone tattoos are no joke, eh...

damn. just amazing man. even better on a computer screen vs a phone.

Anything even close to my knee has sucked. I have been dreading getting my knees tattooed, but I am gonna get it over with in a couple of weeks.

Honestly pain-wise my knee wasn't bad at all, really there aren't that many nerves on your kneecap. What irked me was feeling the needle constantly hitting bone and vibrating my skeleton, it's a weird sensation but not that painful compared to a lot of other spots. Behind the knee however...

Anything even close to my knee has sucked. I have been dreading getting my knees tattooed, but I am gonna get it over with in a couple of weeks.

The knee is kind of-sort-of bearable. It's not so much that it's really PAINFUL over the kneecap (next to it is worse I thought) so much as it just feels... cosmically wrong. Kinda like what @jacobhh said, it reminds you that you have a skeleton in a really weird way. Good luck, that's one hell of a day. You are sure as shit tougher than I am.

Honestly pain-wise my knee wasn't bad at all, really there aren't that many nerves on your kneecap. What irked me was feeling the needle constantly hitting bone and vibrating my skeleton, it's a weird sensation but not that painful compared to a lot of other spots.

I agree with this. Maybe it's because I was super nervous before getting my knee done, but for the most part, it wasn't all that bad. The worst bit was just below the kneecap and on the side of it.

Not really looking forward to the knee ditch, though.

I agree with this. Maybe it's because I was super nervous before getting my knee done, but for the most part, it wasn't all that bad. The worst bit was just below the kneecap and on the side of it.

Not really looking forward to the knee ditch, though.

From someone who know has had both done, back of the knee is worse but at least for me the problem with the front of the knee is there is zero spots that dont suck.

Speaking of elbow tattoos; scale of 1-10, how painful?

I know everybody obviously handles pain differently, but I consider myself to be a big softy (though I did fracture my wrist and went ~3 weeks without knowing until I finally got fed up and got it looked at, so there's that, I guess. :rolleyes:) and a general idea of what to expect would be appreciated.

I'm planning on getting a spider web with a sugar skull in the middle, and a couple of flowers beside that in a laurel wreath fashion.

Speaking of elbow tattoos; scale of 1-10, how painful?

I know everybody obviously handles pain differently, but I consider myself to be a big softy (though I did fracture my wrist and went ~3 weeks without knowing until I finally got fed up and got it looked at, so there's that, I guess. :rolleyes:) and a general idea of what to expect would be appreciated.

I'm planning on getting a spider web with a sugar skull in the middle, and a couple of flowers beside that in a laurel wreath fashion.

I've done both elbows. A screaming gorilla on one and a large tiger head on the other. The point of the elbow wasn't much worse than anywhere else, but the little divots on the sides were something I wont soon forget. That said, its done and I'm glad I did it. A bit of short term pain for long term gain is an equation I can live with. Good luck!