Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Got this a few weeks ago at Electric 13 in Austin from Zach Taylor, who was gracious enough to come in on his day off to accomodate my schedule. Really cool shop, great experience all around. p.s. I apologize for the photo size, but people here like to see detailed photos of tattoos, right??

IMG_1110.jpg

daaaaamn this is so rad!! i love his paintings, i'd really like to get tattooed by him someday.

Me and my buddy J went and visited Ben Grillo yesterday @ Power Tattoo...

IMG_2565_zps267fad07.jpg

Ben added another little something to my buddy's face, he's already tattooed both of his cheeks so doing his forehead wasn't an issue

IMG_2577_zps0f58ce95.jpg

1000134_10201628639781508_136244377_n_zps4e8f0e0d.jpg

I was surprised how quick it went, maybe slightly longer than 2 hours? I'm not totally sure, time goes pretty fast over there, Ben's always a cool dude to hang out with.

Here's the finished product...

1014383_10201628640381523_876473557_n_zps6853a01a.jpg

Me and my buddy J went and visited Ben Grillo yesterday @ Power Tattoo...

IMG_2565_zps267fad07.jpg

Ben added another little something to my buddy's face, he's already tattooed both of his cheeks so doing his forehead wasn't an issue

IMG_2577_zps0f58ce95.jpg

1000134_10201628639781508_136244377_n_zps4e8f0e0d.jpg

I was surprised how quick it went, maybe slightly longer than 2 hours? I'm not totally sure, time goes pretty fast over there, Ben's always a cool dude to hang out with.

Here's the finished product...

1014383_10201628640381523_876473557_n_zps6853a01a.jpg

Really cool stuff! I saw this on the instagrams

bros.jpg

When I was in Vegas for the APP Conference, my old friend Ron Garza and I decided to get matching 'bro-tats' courtesy of his wife Nakota who tattoos out of Outer Limits. We've known each other since 1995 and have an amazing surreal friendship. Earlier this year one of our good friends (who goes back to 95 with us as well) killed himself, so we decided on Skulls in Party Hats. Little two minute dealies to commemorate our friendship.

The "party tats" label was tongue in cheek.

8288781542_d9b8d6d267_c.jpg

Healed photo of a tattoo Marie Sena made on me before she moved to Denver.

Colorado people, get tattooed by her!

I love the way that healed. I'm used to seeing Marie Sena tattoos as fresh, and unhealed, so I have like this perfect version of it. But when it's healed, and the hair has grown back, etc, you can really see how lovely it is.

Josh Stephens, Hold It Down

eea5e0f8e10811e29a5b22000a9f15d6_7.jpg

Finally making progress on my arm, really just the rest of the forearm left. Also, this is my first tattoo on this arm not done by Mario Desa or Nick Colella. Super happy with how it came out, if you're in RVA area, I definitely suggest checking out Hold It Down, super solid line up and a cool little shop.

Good morning LST!!! Got back from my Japan trip a week ago but have worked at least 12hrs every day since and have had some family dramas. Did get a promotion though which has been more of a curse than anything lol. But here are 2 little mementos I got while over there and I will post my back in the backpiece thread. I am spewing I didn't make it to Tokyo so hopefully @CaptCanada will still be keen to catch up next time round. I'll do a travel thread when I finally get a day off which will hopefully be Friday! Anyways, lets look at some tattoos ;)

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

First one is what I got from Hiro (Formerly at The CatClaw Tattoo-Z) at his new shop "Swallows Nest Design Work". I was his first international customer lol. Special little Daruma with an inside joke in Japanese :cool: (who'll be the first to figure it out?)

IMG_0216.jpg

Got this on my last night from Horinao at The Catclaw. He had no other customers and I thought why not... well, that and they accepted credit cards which I'd never noticed until then. Quick little Hyottoko

- - - Updated - - -

Holy large photos Batman! Sorry guys!!

Many of you know this already from Instagram, but on Saturday, @DJDeepFried and I (and our little one) drove 7 hours up to San Rafael so I could get my Psychedelic Stories tattoo from Paul Dobleman (Paul Dobleman: Psychedelic Stories Contest 2013 | TAM Blog). You guys did not lie, Spider Murphy's is one of the greatest places on earth. I got to meet a few of the other guys and they were all really cool. Paul was fun to talk to...just a great experience overall. I love the way the tattoo came out. I have now traveled for a tattoo!

These were the choices:

psychedelic-s-for-web_zps5fa84b37.jpg

And this is what I got:

IMG_8313_zps1d9b218d.jpg

Got tattooed by Chad Koeplinger today. There's a photo up on his Instagram. I'll try and get photo up on here when I take the bandage off tomorrow.

Awesome dude to hang with and hands down the fastest tattooer I've been tattooed by. It's mind blowing how quick he is. Really stoked to have a piece from him now.

Seen it and congrats on a helluva piece! It makes me that much more excited to get tattooed by him when he comes up to NY this July.